Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

8 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

God bless Deryk Englland. We didn't even know how much we needed him before October 1.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/deryk-engelland-leading-golden-knights-mission-help-vegas-heal/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"For those elsewhere who begrudge the Knights’ success and deem fans here undeserving of a Stanley Cup run, you should remember the monstrous event that preceded their season and how much Vegas players, cast off by other teams, have done to help the healing."

screw the NHL we winning this!

So just because the other teams couldn't pull off what VGK is doing in year 1, we should just be thankful to be where we are at?  No, you play to win championships.  You play to win period.  If VGK can pull this off, it will be one of the biggest sports stories ever for the NHL.  In the league's 100th season an expansion team wins the Stanley Cup?  Unreal if it happens. 

35 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

So just because the other teams couldn't pull off what VGK is doing in year 1, we should just be thankful to be where we are at?  No, you play to win championships.  You play to win period.  If VGK can pull this off, it will be one of the biggest sports stories ever for the NHL.  In the league's 100th season an expansion team wins the Stanley Cup?  Unreal if it happens. 

Just can't wait for that 30 for 30/documentary/movie

Guest RoscoesDad

I am just enjoying the moment.  It's good for the city and it shows the NBA that we're gonna need a team real soon.  The pregame intro is so goddamn cheesy, it would only work in Vegas and it's just wonderful.  It's great to see Las Vegas go all in for this team.  However, Whatever happens this year, I am interested to see if all these new hockey fans stick with the team when we are no longer winning at an unreal clip and out of playoff position.  I just don't want VGK fans to become the NHL equivalant of the '12' Seahawk fan bandwagon +++++tards. 

3 games.

To win 1.

Helllllll yeahhhhh.

Man. This shit is getting so real right now. People are gonna hate us forever.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

14 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

3 games.

To win 1.

Helllllll yeahhhhh.

Man. This shit is getting so real right now. People are gonna hate us forever.

The Golden Knights are a team of destiny.  It's undeniable at this point.

I won't hate Vegas if they win it all.  But as a Minnesota fan I'll sure as hell murmur some chioce words of frustration under my breathe if they do.