Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, outdoor and water

Even though there's 10 minutes left in the game, I'm going to go ahead and call this one for San Jose. Sharks win to even the series 2-2. Image result for dancing shark emoticon

1 minute ago, crixus said:

Even though there's 10 minutes left in the game, I'm going to go ahead and call this one for San Jose. Sharks win to even the series 2-2. Image result for dancing shark emoticon

Can’t disagree.  We are getting our butts kicked.

22 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

not the best game for the knights, but this didn't help..i was yelling at my tv when this happened..

Really.  Where are the refs looking.  The puck the play should be what they would be following.  The hook was so obvious.  Should have turned out to be a Vegas power play instead they get the score.  The outcome may not have been different.  We would have probably still lost as the Sharks played a good game but,  damn it get some professional refs to call a professional game.  I'm new in following this sport but, I won't last long in following the game if this crap is the norm.  Seems like there is controversy in most games and it is mostly due to how the game is called by the refs.  Just my opinion.

Bad game by VGK.  Looked slow compared to SJ.  The Sharks have played real well the past few games.  This series looks like it will go 7 games easily.  Gotta win Friday night to put the pressure on San Jose. 

3 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Really.  Where are the refs looking.  The puck the play should be what they would be following.  The hook was so obvious.  Should have turned out to be a Vegas power play instead they get the score.  The outcome may not have been different.  We would have probably still lost as the Sharks played a good game but,  damn it get some professional refs to call a professional game.  I'm new in following this sport but, I won't last long in following the game if this crap is the norm.  Seems like there is controversy in most games and it is mostly due to how the game is called by the refs.  Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Bad game by VGK.  Looked slow compared to SJ.  The Sharks have played real well the past few games.  This series looks like it will go 7 games easily.  Gotta win Friday night to put the pressure on San Jose. 

Fleury could have definitely had a little more help, too many times the defensemen were strolling back while the sharks sprinted down the ice. 

But yeah, that non hook call could have set the tone, but the knights need to get after it. 

fear-loathing-2.jpggiphy.webp

9 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Welcome to the sport.  It is really fun and sooo much better in person.  The speed of the game is not properly experienced through TV.

Ref talk is really weak IMHO.  Not you per se, but in general.  Every game has missed calls that could have in a some way changed the outcome for your team.  This happens in all sports and all teams.  I do not adhere to the notion that refs are for a team or league.  They do their best and are human.  They miss calls both ways.  I can show missed calls against Vegas for this past game.

I am excited for the strength that Vegas has this year.  Typically expansion teams are not as strong as Vegas is this year.  I think it is great for west coast hockey.  I highly dislike that NBC (not NBCSN, USA Network, etc.) ignores west coast teams-not a single regular season west coast team on NBC this year.  Hopefully another good team out here will persuade them to air one west coast game on NBC.

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

I'm nervous about tonight's game. We really need this one to at least force game 7 if necessary. The sharks have looked the better team the last couple games. They've just been more dominant all around. We really need to step it up and take it tonight. 

8 minutes to go and the Golden Knights are up 4-2. 

8 minutes ago, crixus said:

8 minutes to go and the Golden Knights are up 4-2. 

Those two goals by the Sharks were great.  Just dominated in the attack.  Knights need to hang on.

Up 4-0, I go put the kiddos to bed and come back to 4-3?!  :huh:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."