Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

No surprise if vegas sweeps. Outside of Kopi and Brown (seriously), Kings couldn’t score if their lives depended on it. 

If the Kings can’t pull their heads out and find some offense, I’m pulling for Preds v Vegas and Bruins (for you @BSUTOP25) v Caps in the conference finals.

GKG

Pitt wins game 1 by embarassing Philly 7-0.  Flyers return the favor tonight beating the Pens 5-1.  The battle of Pennsylvania is my fav NHL rivalry.  Now that both teams have had their way with the other its time to settle into a nasty, hard hitting series that'll come down to overtime of game 7 to decide.  God willing!

Huge OT in Vegas tonight.  If the Kings can get the win and head back to LA splitting the series in Vegas and without their best player in the lineup tonight it'll be yuuge for them.

Incredible goal tending.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

7 hours ago, FSpoopypants said:

No surprise if vegas sweeps. Outside of Kopi and Brown (seriously), Kings couldn’t score if their lives depended on it. 

If the Kings can’t pull their heads out and find some offense, I’m pulling for Preds v Vegas and Bruins (for you @BSUTOP25) v Caps in the conference finals.

GKG

Nice — happy to see you’ve come around on the B’s! :D 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 4/12/2018 at 8:00 AM, Rosegreen said:

Why are you copying the kings chant? 

Good game Vegas for game one but things will get ramped up for game 2. Gallant already crying about the Doughty hit even though his guy, Carrier was running guys all night. 

Win Knights Win!

1 hour ago, Jaredcg said:

As a Knight fan that was about as bad as you can feel for the opposing goalie when your team wins. Quick was amazing last night. Knights found a way though. Go Knights Go

I was thrilled with the win, but felt terrible for Quick, what a fantastic performance. And many of us long time Las Vegans have been LA fans forever, i hated that the Kings were our first round draw.

Quick was an absolute machine last night.

Kings can't handle the speed though. Their physical play isn't doing much and VGK is pretty much dominating the neutral zone.

I'm stoked to see this team has a playoff mode too. Guys like Carrier and Tatar stepping up with some big time energy.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

18 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Huge OT in Vegas tonight.  If the Kings can get the win and head back to LA splitting the series in Vegas and without their best player in the lineup tonight it'll be yuuge for them.

There was almost zero offense for the Kings, last night aside from a power play. We were only counter attacking and playing very conservatively to help our inexperienced backend. Our top 3 dmen was out last night, and we had to ice 3 AHL guys. Although Fantenberg looked great for what he was asked to do. Gravel, cost us 2 goals and ultimately that was the game. 

Knights protected their home ice, and now the Kings need to do the same.