thelawlorfaithful

HOT TAKE! Will argue for free.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Worry not. In the hour when the world needs me there is no way I’m going to spend my time hiding on some island, living with angry birds, drinking green milk fresh from the udder. How could I, when I’ve already spent all that time in the jungles of the big boy board learning all the profound wisdom that made this post so great. Doing otherwise would kind of make what I’ve posted before less meaningful.

Glory upon glory, yea, for this is the true meaning of MWCboard. Hone thy skills with trolls, tards, and well informed, polite, intelligent individuals who choose to just be WRONG for no reason whatsoever. Dive into the depths of the cesspool of partisan politics while enjoying conclusions we somehow arrive to. 

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Lol.  That was good.

We play this game called "Battle" with our kids at the dinner table.  You pick a couple of things, and then everyone has to give their opinion on which would win the battle when we vote.

For instance things like "a tiger versus a bear" or "Batman versus Superman" or "Gandalf versus Darth Vader".

It's getting hard to come up with new ones nowdays.  But you just gave me my next battle.  The Death Star versus a Borg Cube.

The Borg win, hands down.  The Borg may not be able to clock a respectable 40 but even they could get out of the way of that big gun on the Death Star.  Tie fighters wouldn't even scratch a Cube. Plus, Borg personal armor actually protects them.  Not sure why Storm Troopers even bother with their "armor".  Maybe the Emperor just think the uniforms look cool.

4 minutes ago, nomascows said:

The Borg win, hands down.  The Borg may not be able to clock a respectable 40 but even they could get out of the way of that big gun on the Death Star.  Tie fighters wouldn't even scratch a Cube. Plus, Borg personal armor actually protects them.  Not sure why Storm Troopers even bother with their "armor".  Maybe the Emperor just think the uniforms look cool.

I always was of the opinion that the armor protects fantastically against kinetic strikes and shrapnel, and that's why Imperial troopers wear them, to be basically immune from the primitive slug throwers the peons can get their hands on (like ... us).

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Glory upon glory, yea, for this is the true meaning of MWCboard. Hone thy skills with trolls, tards, and well informed, polite, intelligent individuals who choose to just be WRONG for no reason whatsoever. Dive into the depths of the cesspool of partisan politics while enjoying conclusions we somehow arrive to. 

tears.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:09 PM, CPslograd said:

depends on the bear.  I'd take a grizzly over a tiger.  It's thick fur would make it difficult for the tiger to get into him.  Plus his ability to go bipedal and lash out with his paws gives him a reach advantage.

I'd go with batman, because he would cheat.

probably gotta go with Gandalf versus Vader, my only concern with mithrandir would be whether he could get his spells off fast enough.  Vaders force choke is a bear to deal with as well.  

Tigers are bigger, faster and stronger than grizzlies this is no contest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Tigers are bigger, faster and stronger than grizzlies this is no contest.

I'm trying to prepare my kids for Mugs MWCBoard by honing their debate skills at a young age.

I still think you and Happy are understating the bidpedal/reach advantage of the Grizzly.

7 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I'm trying to prepare my kids for Mugs MWCBoard by honing their debate skills at a young age.

I still think you and Happy are understating the bidpedal/reach advantage of the Grizzly.

The tiger can leap from 30 feet away and land on the bear's head. The tiger is enormously faster and it's about as long, head to haunches, and it's about as strong. 

6 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Goddamn that thread makes me greatful that I'm discussing this on here. The guys in the comment section have no idea what they're talking about on either side. 

Largest Tiger bigger than any Grizzly   The advantage a tiger would have stalking a grizzly could not be overcome.

Grizzly bear
Animal

Mass: Male: 600 lbs (Inland area population), Female: 290 – 440 lbs (Adult)
Height: 3.3 ft. (Adult, At Shoulder)
Length: 6.5 ft. (Adult)

Tiger
Animal

Mass: Male: 200 – 670 lbs (Adult), Female: 140 – 370 lbs (Adult)
Height: 2.3 – 4 ft. (Adult, At Shoulder)
Length: Male: 8.2 – 13 ft. (Adult), Female: 6.6 – 9 ft. (Adult)

On 4/18/2018 at 11:19 PM, CPslograd said:

He's a whiney kid, but he grows up during the movie.

And you are thoroughly underappreciating the greatness of this line from New hope.

"Its not impossible, I used to bullseye wamprats in my T16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters".

I am appalled by your opinions on this matter, and am officially relegating you to the Millinial Generation.

81-96?  As long as we are all on the same page.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:07 AM, CPslograd said:

Luke is cool in Jedi precisely because of how he was in New Hope and Empire.  

And notice there is less space for Han in Jedi because of Luke's new role.  You have to look at the character relationships in their entirety, not in isolation.

Like Sam and Frodo.  Of course Sam is the protagonist that the reader identifies with, but you don't get Sam without Frodo.  We know Sam because of Frodo.

We know Han, because of Luke.

Tolkien is so much better than any starshit garbage.  

On 4/19/2018 at 5:56 PM, CPslograd said:

He basically did what Gandalf did.  He addressed the great evil of his time, sailed off to the undying lands, then left it to future generations to address their time.  How come Mithrandir gets a pass but not Luke?

Because Tolkien used the character of Mithrandir to speak great truths.  Gandalf would whoop that whiny lil bitch.  The force is a bunch of shit compared to the light of the Valar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I hate millennials

An Elite E-sports player is more talented than a baseball player. Baseball is a lot like darts, but with steroids.  At least that is what everybody says, it is waaaaaay to boring for me to watch and opine on with an educated view of it.  All I know is most Americans under 45 freaking hate it.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

An Elite E-sports player is more talented than a baseball player. Baseball is a lot like darts, but with steroids.  At least that is what everybody says, it is waaaaaay to boring for me to watch and opine on with an educated view of it.  All I know is most Americans under 45 freaking hate it.

I’m under 45 and I hate you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1