Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

Top 125 Best Places to Live in U.S.

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

These lists are irrefutable fact ... unless they rank my place worse than your place. Then the list is bullshit and part of a conspiracy by the media elite.

100% CORRECT - Ranking Syracuse NY ahead of pretty much anywhere is an atrocity to cities that have moved past 1965............if you need to a film location that has that pre 1965 to 1945 look, Syracuse is your place........the cord strung traffic lights across intersections just need that 1949 Nash to make the perfect Humphrey Bogart type film 

Related image Image result for syracuse ny traffic lights  Image result for syracuse ny traffic lights

Related image

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your fancy sand folk hash is overrated.  It has been far surpassed here in the USA, not even close.  

Not a chance. Maybe the shit you kids smoke has a higher THC content, but Four Lokos are stronger than fine wine too. I know which one I'd choose every time. 

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Not a chance. Maybe the shit you kids smoke has a higher THC content, but Four Lokos are stronger than fine wine too. I know which one I'd choose every time. 

...Every time?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

13 minutes ago, Love the Knight Life said:

My fondest memories are from the time I lived in Santa Barbara County. But economically it's become the worst of both worlds: Bay Area real estate prices and Bakersfield wages. 

White Supremacist Liberals ruin everything they touch. 

NADA, simple supply and demand. For decades, people have been willing to work for low wages just to be in Santa Barbara. It's a personal choice.

110926run_defense710.jpg

28 minutes ago, happycamper said:

...Every time?

I'm not 15 anymore. Though there were no Four-Lokos then. It was all Boone's Farm. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Santa Barbara at # 68, one notch above Spokane one notch below Tucson. Seems legit

Youngstown was ahead of Miami. lol. 

13 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm not 15 anymore. Though there were no Four-Lokos then. It was all Boone's Farm. 

Fair enough. I always found that 4 Loko, at least the real 4 Loko, led to a much more adventurous night and correspondingly more dire consequences if you couldn't keep your shit together. When I was indestructible I wanted that sometimes. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Bullshit, I knew an IT manager for a major defense contractor who told me this in the late 1970's, he called it the Santa Barbara factor.  Given a choice of working for more $ in the LA area, vs. less in Santa Barbara, some would elect the later, to the benefit of both employer and employee.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Fair enough. I always found that 4 Loko, at least the real 4 Loko, led to a much more adventurous night and correspondingly more dire consequences if you couldn't keep your shit together. When I was indestructible I wanted that sometimes. 

If I want to get to that level I just mix Xanax and Harvey Wallbangers or Singapore Slings. Best times I can't remember. 

2 hours ago, Love the Knight Life said:

My fondest memories are from the time I lived in Santa Barbara County. But economically it's become the worst of both worlds: Bay Area real estate prices and Bakersfield wages. 

White Supremacist Liberals ruin everything they touch. 

My goodness, how do all those fiscally irresponsible liberals afford to live ther?:whistle:

So I went to go look at this trailer in Denver last weekend, I got off I-25 and went west on Alameda, which is a major avenue in Denver.  
Um, what a complete sh!thole.  Miles of sh!thole, seedy bars, liquor stores, pot dispensaries and run down businesses.  And many of the folks you see walking around probably don't speak english.  

Not all of Denver is new and shiny.  

11 minutes ago, pokerider said:

So I went to go look at this trailer in Denver last weekend, I got off I-25 and went west on Alameda, which is a major avenue in Denver.  
Um, what a complete sh!thole.  Miles of sh!thole, seedy bars, liquor stores, pot dispensaries and run down businesses.  And many of the folks you see walking around probably don't speak english.  

I heard a lot of people refer to it as an East Coast city in the Rockies.  Not my cup of tea.

26 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Is there a city that size that doesn’t have areas like that? 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I heard a lot of people refer to it as an East Coast city in the Rockies.  Not my cup of tea.

No. It's pretty Western. I love it. It's always been a young person's town. If it weren't so cold, I'd live there.