Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

MWC Prez's & CT had their chance... invite Shockers & Zags may have followed.

I'm think of John Belushi at this point saying -- "But nuuhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! "

Of course, nobody knows if the Zags woulda followed had the Shockers taken a MWC invite for MBB or Oly's.  But it sure was fun re-reading all the absolutely positive posters in my old post from 2017 about how its obvious the MWC needs to invite the Shockers.   So many who were certain that Zags would never consider the MWC, or that no "Fball Only" Conference like the AAC (who just separated from the BEast MBB Schools) would ever invite the Shockers w/o a Fball program, etc, etc, etc.   And so many were certain that the MWC would never invite any non-Fball school to join the MWC (except maybe BYU), and yet we invited the Zags.

Often wrong, but never in doubt.  That would be 99.99999% of us ill informed knuckleheads (me included) who try to state factually -- "that will never happen, because the MWC bylaws say so !"

Let me be clear -- I don't know if having the Shockers in the MWC woulda swung the Zags to join.  Seems it could only have helped, but who am I to assert that.   Still, the SHockers were very interested & excited to join the MWC.  However the MWC never invited because it seems our Leadership couldn't see their way clear to add 1 non-Fball school, because they couldn't see how to make that work.  That turned out to be a BELLY-FLOP decision!   Seems the AAC (the ones who recently divorced the BEast schools) invited the SHockers & is making it work beautifully.  And once the AAC made it a success, suddenly the MWC Prez's & CT fumble around and send out feelers to the Zags & others.  

The posters on this board need to speak a bit more humbly when "mind-reading" others, & bloviating about which School's gonna do this & which Conference is gonna do that.  

In the meanwhile... can we please get some MWC Leadership (Prez's mostly) who have some vision beyond yesterday's headlines???  Just a wish.....

32 minutes ago, RAMification said:

The posters on this board need to speak a bit more humbly when "mind-reading" others, & bloviating about which School's gonna do this & which Conference is gonna do that.  

Good luck with that.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
On 4/6/2018 at 4:56 PM, easybronc said:

If the Zags didn't want to up their competition then why would they join with Wichita in the MWC?

Gonzaga didn't decline the MWC's advances because they "didn't want to up their competition".  

They declined because the WCC offered a chance to make more money (more tourney credits), better TV exposure (ESPN), ownership of tier 3 rights (money), and better travel (no Front Range games).  MWC can't offer any of that, and only offered marginally better competition, as both conferences are "mid-major".  Of course if the MWC had offered Gonzaga and Wichita any appreciable benefits, like money or exposure they might have both joined.  Didn't happen...

So competition isn't the issue.  Of course Gonzaga would jump at a "Church League" conference like the Big East, which blows away the WCC and MWC with respect to competition.  They are just too far away.

The MWC should add someone to capture the Denver and Bay Area market IMO.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Gonzaga didn't decline the MWC's advances because they "didn't want to up their competition".  

They declined because the WCC offered a chance to make more money (more tourney credits), better TV exposure (ESPN), ownership of tier 3 rights (money), and better travel (no Front Range games).  MWC can't offer any of that, and only offered marginally better competition, as both conferences are "mid-major".  Of course if the MWC had offered Gonzaga and Wichita any appreciable benefits, like money or exposure they might have both joined.  Didn't happen...

So competition isn't the issue.  Of course the WCC would jump at a "Church League" conference like the Big East, which blows away the WCC and MWC with respect to competition.  They are just too far away.

Wait, you mean Gonzaga ISN’T joining the MWC???  But I read it was a “done deal” and that it was for sure happening because of all the wonderful things the MWC has to offer!!!!

v0icAvfW.jpg

Answer:  New Conference Now

West

BYU

Boise

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

Hawaii (Football Only)

Gonzaga (All Sports but Football)

East

Cincinnati

Memphis

Houston

SMU

Colorado St

Air Force (Football Only)

Wichita State (All Sports but Football)

22 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Rebellious Bob.  You do know in this fever dream you conjure up with regularity that you have created a mythical beast where UNLV finishes last in football and basketball every year..

Finishing last in the best basketball conference in America is better than finishing first in the worst.

UNLV will have the best Basketball and Football facilities of anybody in the West. I am not worried about our future.

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Is it? Didn't UNLV have its greatest success in the Big West?  

Bob, your conference dreams are fun but you know it ain't happening..

You might be surprised what might happen.  Don’t get too comfortable because everyone is looking and everyone is talking and they ain’t talking to you.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, RAMification said:

I'm think of John Belushi at this point saying -- "But nuuhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! "

Of course, nobody knows if the Zags woulda followed had the Shockers taken a MWC invite for MBB or Oly's.  But it sure was fun re-reading all the absolutely positive posters in my old post from 2017 about how its obvious the MWC needs to invite the Shockers.   So many who were certain that Zags would never consider the MWC, or that no "Fball Only" Conference like the AAC (who just separated from the BEast MBB Schools) would ever invite the Shockers w/o a Fball program, etc, etc, etc.   And so many were certain that the MWC would never invite any non-Fball school to join the MWC (except maybe BYU), and yet we invited the Zags.

Often wrong, but never in doubt.  That would be 99.99999% of us ill informed knuckleheads (me included) who try to state factually -- "that will never happen, because the MWC bylaws say so !"

Let me be clear -- I don't know if having the Shockers in the MWC woulda swung the Zags to join.  Seems it could only have helped, but who am I to assert that.   Still, the SHockers were very interested & excited to join the MWC.  However the MWC never invited because it seems our Leadership couldn't see their way clear to add 1 non-Fball school, because they couldn't see how to make that work.  That turned out to be a BELLY-FLOP decision!   Seems the AAC (the ones who recently divorced the BEast schools) invited the SHockers & is making it work beautifully.  And once the AAC made it a success, suddenly the MWC Prez's & CT fumble around and send out feelers to the Zags & others.  

In the meanwhile... can we please get some MWC Leadership (Prez's mostly) who have some vision beyond yesterday's headlines???  Just a wish.....

This conference is led by Wyoming dumbshits. 2 years ago you should have brought in WSU and BYU. Gonzaga would have joined this year. BYU is hated and puts butts in seats and eyes on television. Which for you Wyoming morons is a good thing.

WSU and Gonzaga are just good. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 4/10/2018 at 6:01 AM, robe said:

This conference is led by Wyoming dumbshits. 2 years ago you should have brought in WSU and BYU. Gonzaga would have joined this year. BYU is hated and puts butts in seats and eyes on television. Which for you Wyoming morons is a good thing.

WSU and Gonzaga are just good. 

It is almost like you are seeing cowboys in your sleep.  Get some rest old man.  Don't skip your meds either.  Everyone loves the boys.