Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NVGiant

ESPN’s Too Early Top 25

No doubt Nevada will be really good next year (especially if the Twins come back).

What we need is for UNM, UNLV, and SDSU (particularly the Lobos and Rebs) to become consistent top 40 teams. 

Hopefully, that will lead to a 3 bid conference again. 

14 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Not sure Nevada has ever been a pre-season top 10 in any sport, not named RIFLE.

The only sport I can think of in which it might be possible is baseball in the 90s, when Lyle Overbay and the boys were a national power. Still, I'm not sure they ever got that much preseason love.

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The only sport I can think of in which it might be possible is baseball in the 90s, when Lyle Overbay and the boys were a national power. Still, I'm not sure they ever got that much preseason love.

Top 25 perhaps but top 10? Hard to imagine given they were in the conference with LBSU and Fullerton

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

3 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Top 25 perhaps but top 10? Hard to imagine given they were in the conference with LBSU and Fullerton

Yeah, I don't think the baseball team was ever that highly rated. Just that in the 90s it was the closest to consistently excellent as we've had, so if there was any program that could've done it it was them. 

So do we crown Nevada preseason MW basketball champions? Boise is the perennial winner in football, but I think Nevada has been the winner in hoops for the past two seasons. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23251272/college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-rankings-2018-19-nba-draft-early-entry-deadline

Nevada tentatively up to 9 after agent hiring draft entrants and transfers taken into account. 

Just sitting here waiting on Caroline and the Martin’s...

VictoriousSnarlingGenet-max-1mb.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23251272/college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-rankings-2018-19-nba-draft-early-entry-deadline

Nevada tentatively up to 9 after agent hiring draft entrants and transfers taken into account. 

Just sitting here waiting on Caroline and the Martin’s...

VictoriousSnarlingGenet-max-1mb.gif

My favorite thing about the update: 

"They're all 6-7 junior wings who could come back to Reno to pursue a national championship."

Yes please.

58 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

It seems a bit much???

There is never enough pub!

Sorry bad wording..I meant I don’t believe Nevada is a top 10 preseason team without adding a few more pieces, and I’m not talking about the twins/Caroline