Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Nevada 2018-19 OOC Basketball Schedule

A road game at Loyola will definitely help the SoS. Not sure how good RI will be, but a road game there can't hurt. And a road game at Davidson should be good. Add a St. Mary's, an Oregon, and/or Gonzaga, and they should be in great shape. We'll see what else they can string together, but Nevada is off to a good start. That said, it would be fun to go play @NC or @Duke. Though Davidson is already the North Carolina game to make the Martin twins happy.

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't think any bluebloods want anything to do with you guys, tbh. Especially at home. You guys aren't cupcakes. Maybe he has some buddies in a bluebolood that would owe him a favor?

We're no longer a potential "bad loss" and the NCAA has put everyone on notice that they need to schedule up. So there is a glimmer of hope. 

In the past, the only way we get blue bloods to come to Lawlor is when we did a two for one. And we can rule out Kansas for a 2 4 1.  It didn't go so well for them last time. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We're no longer a potential "bad loss" and the NCAA has put everyone on notice that they need to schedule up. So there is a glimmer of hope. 

In the past, the only way we get blue bloods to come to Lawlor is when we did a two for one. And we can rule out Kansas for a 2 4 1.  It didn't go so well for them last time. 

Mid-Major (unless you are Gonzaga) is always looked at as a bad loss by the big boys either on the road, home or neutral court. At least by the big boys it is viewed that way by them. 

2 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

The big one down there is already filled. Maybe the smaller one around Christmas again?

I hope not. That one sucked 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

I hope not. That one sucked 

The LV Invitational for next year has Michigan St, North Carolina, UCLA and Texas in it. 

I don't know if true or not, but the one we were in last year I heard they did have a name for that tournament but they ended up dropping out. 

Schedule so Far:

Home: Pacific, Cal Baptist, Arkansas-Little Rock, South Dakota St

Away: Loyola-Chicago, Rhode Island

Neutral: Tulsa, 2 more games

Nevada has pushed the Davidson return game until the following season, Nevada will play a Power 5 team at Staples Center again and a second game in Vegas after playing Tulsa

With Coach K interviewing Muss and encouraging him to put roots down at Nevada, I'm hoping Muss hits him up for a Duke series. Worth a try. 

Maybe hit up Cincy and offer them a revenge game in Reno. 🙂 They hate us so much now, wouldn't surprise me if they'd take it. 

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Schedule so Far:

Home: Pacific, Cal Baptist, Arkansas-Little Rock, South Dakota St

Away: Loyola-Chicago, Rhode Island

Neutral: Tulsa, 2 more games

Nevada has pushed the Davidson return game until the following season, Nevada will play a Power 5 team at Staples Center again and a second game in Vegas after playing Tulsa

That's a pretty weak home schedule for fans.

kat.jpg

On 4/3/2018 at 1:14 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I want road games at some blue bloods. The chips are all in next season, it might be a very long time before we ever enter another season where our high expectations match the amount of experience we have coming back. 

Bluebloods know that, and I doubt they'll take the risk of a very possible home loss.  I think a bluechip name that's on the upswing but not a true basketball blueblood would be good. Ohio State or Purdue come to mind. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

That's a pretty weak home schedule for fans.

South Dakota State is an excellent game. The Jackrabbits should be really good next year and one of the top mid-majors. Other than that, it leaves a lot to be desired. 

Cal Baptist and Arkansas--Little Rock are part of the Las Vegas Tournament that Nevada is in where they will play Tulsa and another team. 

Pacific is the last year of their four year contract. South Dakota St is the only new game on the home schedule right now.

I have heard rumblings that Nevada might not play Rhode Island for this upcoming season but push it off for a season. 

And also they might be signing a home and home with a P5 team.

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

we should meet midway on I-80 in Elko or Winnemucca for a bruhahaha

We can play in the Elko High School gym.  We’ll pretend we’re WCC teams for the night.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

43 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Cal Baptist and Arkansas--Little Rock are part of the Las Vegas Tournament that Nevada is in where they will play Tulsa and another team. 

Pacific is the last year of their four year contract. South Dakota St is the only new game on the home schedule right now.

I have heard rumblings that Nevada might not play Rhode Island for this upcoming season but push it off for a season. 

And also they might be signing a home and home with a P5 team.

I assume with the new RPI road weighting, and more than a few Pac-12 teams caught with crappy RPIs this year, that the big boys may be more amicable to a home and home. There was a story this week in Eugene that Oregon is looking to beef up its basketball schedule.

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

With Coach K interviewing Muss and encouraging him to put roots down at Nevada, I'm hoping Muss hits him up for a Duke series. Worth a try. 

Maybe hit up Cincy and offer them a revenge game in Reno. 🙂 They hate us so much now, wouldn't surprise me if they'd take it. 

When did that happen? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama