Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

It’s official, Gonzaga staying put

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

LMU made it to the Elite 8 in 1990, but hasn't been back since. I doubt anyone at LMU thinks their BB program is hot chit because of the big success they had in 1990. I mean, who would be silly enough to do that? That's almost 30 years ago! 😝 

But ironically, LMU lost to UNLV 131-101 in the Elite 8 that year riding on Bo Kimble. 

Well, people still remember LMU for Paul Westhead and his innovative offense. It wasn't just a one-year thing. LMU also smoked a favored Wyoming team with Fennis Dembo in 1988.

1 hour ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Well, people still remember LMU for Paul Westhead and his innovative offense. It wasn't just a one-year thing. LMU also smoked a favored Wyoming team with Fennis Dembo in 1988.

Smoked?  Upset sure, but Wyo lost by 4 I think.  A sad day that is burned into my memory.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

26 minutes ago, 307dude said:

119-115 in SLC. That day sucked. 

Nevada lost to LMU at home in 1988; one of the best games ever at Lawlor. Got to see Gathers and Kimble in their prime.

From Chris Murray at the RGJ:

Lost to Loyola Marymount, 130-125 (Dec. 30, 1988): Remember when Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble ruled the college basketball world playing at a breakneck speed for Loyola Marymount? Those two played at Lawlor in 1988, winning a five-point thriller in which the teams accounted for an arena-record 255 points. Gathers tallied a mind-boggling 49 points and had 26 rebounds in the win.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Nevada lost to LMU at home in 1988; one of the best games ever at Lawlor. Got to see Gathers and Kimble in their prime.

From Chris Murray at the RGJ:

Lost to Loyola Marymount, 130-125 (Dec. 30, 1988): Remember when Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble ruled the college basketball world playing at a breakneck speed for Loyola Marymount? Those two played at Lawlor in 1988, winning a five-point thriller in which the teams accounted for an arena-record 255 points. Gathers tallied a mind-boggling 49 points and had 26 rebounds in the win.

49 and 26.  Good gawd

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 3/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, Pelado said:

Correct, not BYU.  As I already posted in this very thread 15 days ago: 

I emailed the author of that article, Jay Drew, asking what evidence he saw that BYU knew about the WAC's plan to "lure" the other teams to the WAC.  He replied with this:

@pokebball hi

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 3/20/2018 at 6:00 PM, Mano said:

No evidence found by crackerjack investigator Jay Drew is not equivalent to it not happening. Common sense says they were at the very least aware of it.

Aware and behind it are two different things.  Jay Drew doesn't really care for BYU.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Aware and behind it are two different things.  Jay Drew doesn't really care for BYU.

Jay Drew is a Ute grad.  His abilities represent where he attended school.

13 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Watching st marys Utah with fiance.  She is like are these really small shools, it looks like a high school?  More reason for zags to move 😉

If St Marys is a consideration...just say no.

I took a gander at the Gonzaga Board. That place is funny. There are three camps. Camp One says this thing is a done deal, there is enough circumstantial evidence to support it, and the vote is going to happen in April. They ask, why would the MW BOD be voting on something in April if there was nothing to vote on? Camp Two says those in Camp One are making up evidence, the MW is not a good conference, and they are better off in the WCC. They say that Camp One folks are full of shit. Camp Three are people that are in wait and see mode, but they acknowledge that the WCC is an easy, and boring conference. 

The best comparison I have seen was when one guy asked another if he was bored of watching Gonzaga play games on "Easy Mode?" Classic.

It will be fun when this thing is announced in April, when we are bombarded with Zag fans that think the MW will be "easy mode" as well. 

6 hours ago, fanhood said:

I took a gander at the Gonzaga Board. That place is funny. There are three camps. Camp One says this thing is a done deal, there is enough circumstantial evidence to support it, and the vote is going to happen in April. They ask, why would the MW BOD be voting on something in April if there was nothing to vote on? Camp Two says those in Camp One are making up evidence, the MW is not a good conference, and they are better off in the WCC. They say that Camp One folks are full of shit. Camp Three are people that are in wait and see mode, but they acknowledge that the WCC is an easy, and boring conference. 

The best comparison I have seen was when one guy asked another if he was bored of watching Gonzaga play games on "Easy Mode?" Classic.

It will be fun when this thing is announced in April, when we are bombarded with Zag fans that think the MW will be "easy mode" as well. 

There should be a 4th camp: The MWC will be too tough and the team will be worn down going into March.  Look at Wichita State as an example.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

31 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

There should be a 4th camp: The MWC will be too tough and the team will be worn down going into March.  Look at Wichita State as an example.  

I think finishing in the top half of the MW will get tougher.  Those under .500 now in conference play will struggle even more.  Little to no chance of Unlv, AF, SJ, CSU,Utah State taking a game from Gonzaga.  

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I don't think there is enough of a sample size for this statement. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I don't think there is enough of a sample size for this statement. 

It's kind of a tongue-cheek-statement.  It's what the Illinois State coach was insinuating when Wichita State lost in the tournament.  In my opinion its a pretty short sighted and weak-minded way of looking at things. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

14 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

It's kind of a tongue-cheek-statement.  It's what the Illinois State coach was insinuating when Wichita State lost in the tournament.  In my opinion its a pretty short sighted and weak-minded way of looking at things. 

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah that guy was bitter as hell. Almost like he is an SDSU fan. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok