Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

FIRE THOMPSON!!!!

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Thompson is truly an embarrassment.  BYU fans have a special hatred for him, and I hope you guys can develop that in your hearts too this fine Easter weekend.

Look, BYU won or tied for multiple bball conference titles here during our time here and you think a much better program like Gonzaga isn't going to come in and do the same?  One game against SDSU doesn't mean there's a trend coming.  I think they would have more losses, but I think they would still win the league at like 16-4 or whatever it is instead of 15-1.  This is basically like bringing a perennial top 15 team in to your league.  They aren't going to be afraid of playing at CSU and Wyoming on the same weekend. 

i didn't say gonzaga wouldn't win the conference, i said they would have more losses, and wouldn't have as easy a path, there IS a little more risk to that record they have. and of course their loss to sdsu isn't a trend, but it certainly shows it can be done. as for byu, jimmer did you guys a world of good, and it wouldn't have been easy for gonzaga to beat you during those years, but yes, gonzaga is much better program and would likely win the MW conference more often than not. 

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

i didn't say gonzaga wouldn't win the conference, i said they would have more losses, and wouldn't have as easy a path, there IS a little more risk to that record they have. and of course their loss to sdsu isn't a trend, but it certainly shows it can be done. as for byu, jimmer did you guys a world of good, and it wouldn't have been easy for gonzaga to beat you during those years, but yes, gonzaga is much better program and would likely win the MW conference more often than not. 

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

I just think it's funny that you go through this thread and a bunch of guys are saying Gonzaga's a bunch of pussies. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

19 minutes ago, fanhood said:

16-4 or 15-5 would be a reasonable prediction. As such, I am not convinced they would win the league. Clearly they would be at the top though. 

This is kind of the point. That is four or five losses on the road. Something that I am not sure has ever happened in the WCC.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

I just think it's funny that you go through this thread and a bunch of guys are saying Gonzaga's a bunch of pussies. 

i think Gonzaga is comfortable where they are, and now they won't have to risk their record, and will get to keep more of their tourney credit $$$, which they should. 

too bad thompson blew it, maybe it would have happened down the road.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

i think Gonzaga is comfortable where they are, and now they won't have to risk their record, and will get to keep more of their tourney credit $$$, which they should. 

too bad thompson blew it, maybe it would have happened down the road.

I still think they may come later.  I do think it will take some special treatment though.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

I still think they may come later.  I do think it will take some special treatment though.

sounds like the MW presidents said they weren't giving the zags the deal the WCC did, and i'm good with that. i might have mentioned before (lol) that i'm ok if they come, i'm ok if they don't. i just can't stand thompson being the idiot that he is. he needs to be fired now, if the MW wants any chance of negotiation with anything. 

There is only room for one term sheet deal in this league... and Big Bob already told Hair how things are gonna work around here.

BSU%20President%20-%20Robert%20Kustra

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

41 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I think you're right...

4 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

I don’t think anyone on the board thinks they are afraid of playing in the MW. They are doing what they think is to their advantage at least for next year. I do think their stated reason about the poor quality of their basketball conference and that they are tired of carrying them doesn’t hold a lot of water. They are a great program and that’s why the MW is willing to take a non football school. I also think it’s a stretch that the Zags would win the MW most years. Someone already posted that they are 6-7 against the MW teams in the Few era. They would be top tier for sure with 3-4 losses and in the hunt every year which is all any fan could ask for. I wonder if the MW presidents will be as receptive next year after being played this year. 

So Gonzaga used MWC talks as leverage to get desired concessions from the WCC???  I’M SHOCKED!  Where did I hear that before?  Oh that’s right, I posted that in the other thread amidst a sea of “done deal” and “it’s happening” talk. 

giphy.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

So Gonzaga used MWC talks as leverage to get desired concessions from the WCC???  I’M SHOCKED!  Where did I hear that before?  Oh that’s right, I posted that in a sea of “done deal” and “it’s happening” talk in the other thread. 

giphy.gif

This is pretty rich coming from the “BYU is in” guy. 

5 hours ago, mundyc3 said:

Screw Thompson. Start a new conference. 

Why don’t we just fire Thompson. That seems easier than starting a new conference. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 hours ago, Zagaholic said:

After this public embarrassment by Craig Thompson, i dont know. I think this will leave a bad taste in our collective mouths. I was all in. As far as i was told, GU officals were all in. Then Craig opened his big mouth and the rest is history. 

All he said was, as for moving this year it probably won't happen. Not enough time to negotiate details and finding a home for men's soccer.

The other 10 members are soured on BSU's special deal and don't want another one added.

Also, it's just laughable that people are saying it's a good thing that we didn't give Gonzaga a "sweetheart deal." They are a nationally relevant program, unlike our whole conference. You absolutely give them the deal they want to make sure they join the conference. This debacle proves that Hair and the school presidents are satisfied with being an irrelevant 1-2 bid league. If they wanted anything more than that, Wichita State and Gonzaga would be in the MWC.

0mK6pGK.png

13 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Also, it's just laughable that people are saying it's a good thing that we didn't give Gonzaga a "sweetheart deal." They are a nationally relevant program, unlike our whole conference. You absolutely give them the deal they want to make sure they join the conference. This debacle proves that Hair and the school presidents are satisfied with being an irrelevant 1-2 bid league. If they wanted anything more than that, Wichita State and Gonzaga would be in the MWC.

So basically if you're going to get raped may as well lay back and enjoy it?