Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Fresno State Basketball Head Coach Finalists

What a +++++ing clown show. Pee-lad was on 940 yesterday saying that no decisions had been made and that the final interviews were going to be tomorrow (today), and now we're hearing that negotiations are already underway. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

What a +++++ing clown show. Pee-lad was on 940 yesterday saying that no decisions had been made and that the final interviews were going to be tomorrow (today), and now we're hearing that negotiations are already underway. 

Huge sigh, thank good it wasn't Taylor.

3 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Huge sigh, thank good it wasn't Taylor.

If it does still somehow end u being Taylor, I'll stop my BDF donations, and only donate to the QBC moving forward. 

10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

If it does still somehow end u being Taylor, I'll stop my BDF donations, and only donate to the QBC moving forward. 

I still have no idea how he even warranted an interview.  Did he and Castro work together at Davis? 

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I still have no idea how he even warranted an interview.  Did he and Castro work together at Davis? 

It looks like they were both at UC Davis in 2000, but that's the only connection I can find. It's a tenuous connection though, as they both left in 2001, and it was Taylor's first year in coaching while Castro was the Interim Director, Educational Research Center. 

3 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

It's gonna be Hutson, his agent has already started negotiating the contract with the University.

So far I've never heard of any of these guys that the Mountain West have hired...

If the MWC cant get Gonzaga, I wouldve hoped some of the ADs would fork the cash for good coaches.

OTOH, ECU just poached the coach at #DunkCity, Florida Gulf Coast..

52f2fbfb644fcfa08812e838cf91fa50ddf603ff

I'll admit I don't want Hut to leave SDSU but in all honesty, I think Dooley would have been a better hire for Fresno. What Dooley's done at FGCU after taking over for Andy Enfield is impressive. Hutson? He's a great guy but has never been a HC. Better to hire a guy who has already proved himself than having to chance the Peter Principle kicking in. (And yeah, I DO know Brian Dutcher had never been a HC either but SDSU had already guaranteed he would become the head guy when Fish retired.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

34 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I'll admit I don't want Hut to leave SDSU but in all honesty, I think Dooley would have been a better hire for Fresno. What Dooley's done at FGCU after taking over for Andy Enfield is impressive. Hutson? He's a great guy but has never been a HC. Better to hire a guy who has already proved himself than having to chance the Peter Principle kicking in. (And yeah, I DO know Brian Dutcher had never been a HC either but SDSU had already guaranteed he would become the head guy when Fish retired.)

You’re forgetting the importance of recruiting ties. Those are very important....as we’ve learned in the past. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

17 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Tap the brakes...

Might not be Hutson after all. Interesting times ahead...

I thought you said Hutson was in negotiations? 

16 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Tap the brakes...

Might not be Hutson after all. Interesting times ahead...

Here we go, the three finalists all assistant coaches:

1.Gottleib  - Oregon State

2. Hutson - SDSU

3. Johnson - Marquette

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

15 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

They could have passed on him if they paid him enough money.

14 minutes ago, 1IvyDog said:

2. Hutson - SDSU

3. Johnson - Marquette

Hutson would be just another experiment.  Why can't these guys land a head coaching job at some smaller college and get some experience?  I was not impressed with him at UNLV.  The entire staff was cowed under Shroyer that I honestly don't know what he can do as a coach.

Actually, all three of those coaches are just experiments so good luck.

1 hour ago, 1IvyDog said:

2. Hutson - SDSU

3. Johnson - Marquette

Gottleib? That's a new one I thought it was Stubblefield from OSU