Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Victor Maitlin

OT: New Ranking of Only Public Universities

22 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Well, that doesn't surprise me because you're massive dick with a "I'm a bad asss and super cool" wannabe swagger. Dude, I'll bet I've done more drugs than you, your parents, your grandpa Herbert & your grandma Ethel, combined. 😀

That could help to explain a lot of your posts.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:59 AM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Most everybody here has an agenda on things upon which they opine. When it comes to SDSU, I'll readily admit mine is based on being an alumnus. My suspicion is that guy is a professor at Nevada who obtained his PhD at a UC school and therefore looks down at those of us who attended the Universities for the Unwashed Masses, aka California State University system schools. It's fine if he wants to take that elitist approach but he shown own up to what his own bias is.

Nope. Just a casual fan of Nevada having grown up in Reno.  I did go to graduate school at a UC school, but it's the one in Chicago.  I've never worked in academia but do have an interest in the workings of higher education, particularly as to how states structure and run their systems. I don't look down at anyone who went to a csu school.  I'm just questioning whether it's good public policy to start chipping away at the Master Plan. Everyone wants to see their alma mater go as high up the food chain as possible. It's understandable human nature.  That doesn't mean it's good policy. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

And here's the view from The London Times. Top 20 and other schools of interest. Purdue is a head scratcher, and probably MSU and A&M too. 

1. UCLA

2. Michigan

3. North Carolina

4. Berkeley

5. Purdue

6. Davis

7.UCSD

8.Illinois

9. GA Tech

10. Texas

11.Virginia

12. Florida

13. Ohio State

14. Wisconsin

15. Pitt

16. Michigan State

17. Maryland

18. Washington

19. Texas A&M

20. UCSB

48. SLO

75. Colorado State

80. Nevada

92. SDSU

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.