Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecBill

FB: SDSU with 3rd straight 2,000 yard rusher?

It’s pretty much the Aztec system. Put anyone with decent talent at RB and they are going to run for 1500-2000 yards. Personally I like to see a balance between run and pass, but they have been successful at what they do so why change it. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s pretty much the Aztec system. Put anyone with decent talent at RB and they are going to run for 1500-2000 yards. Personally I like to see a balance between run and pass, but they have been successful at what they do so why change it. 

If by "decent talent" you  mean "draftable", then I agree. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

I have no problem continuing to be a poor man's Wisconsin at this point. Juwan is a great talent but not on DJ or Penny's level IMO. If he does rush for 2k it will be a testament to our oline and the system we run. JMO.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

SDSU needs WRs who can get separation.

Most teams want balance.  SDSU is no different.  They just need weapons in the passing game.

1 minute ago, MWC said:

SDSU needs WRs who can get separation.

Most teams want balance.  SDSU is no different.  They just need weapons in the passing game.

We have them. What we don't have is a big arm at QB or a scheme that allows our current QB to get in any sort of passing rhythm. Pro set is the hardest offense to pass from in CFB.

2 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

We have them. What we don't have is a big arm at QB or a scheme that allows our current QB to get in any sort of passing rhythm. Pro set is the hardest offense to pass from in CFB.

The WR play at SDSU has been below average for the last several years.

QB isn't the problem.  WR is the problem.

26 minutes ago, MWC said:

The WR play at SDSU has been below average for the last several years.

QB isn't the problem.  WR is the problem.

Alright. In 5 years name a QB that could actually throw it to a WR who broke free past the D. Prior to our current QB we had the most noodle armed kid that I have ever seen in the MW. I think you are discounting the QB situation and the fact that the last time we had a truly good passing O we ran a different offense, which was 2011 I believe.

47 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Alright. In 5 years name a QB that could actually throw it to a WR who broke free past the D. Prior to our current QB we had the most noodle armed kid that I have ever seen in the MW. I think you are discounting the QB situation and the fact that the last time we had a truly good passing O we ran a different offense, which was 2011 I believe.

IMO, Chapman is a good QB.  In a Balanced offence, I think he will be really good.

Takes care of the ball.  Can make some plays when needed.

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

I have no problem continuing to be a poor man's Wisconsin at this point. Juwan is a great talent but not on DJ or Penny's level IMO. If he does rush for 2k it will be a testament to our oline and the system we run. JMO.

This. ^^   DJ was a little guy that ran with power.  Not knocking Washington, but he doesn't run with power.  Fast, shifty, a good back, but not at the level of the last two.

6 hours ago, Cincy said:

He’ll get shut down when you guys come to Bulldog Stadium. 

You got a lot of confidence playing the Aztecs when injuries reduced the effectiveness of our offensive line for a few games. I really hope all of our freshmen on the offensive line from last year will, as sophomores, be able to pass protect better. They really sucked last season. That is why we had problems passing not the quarterback and not the wide receivers.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.