Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits

Fresno Coaching job

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Who do Dog fans want to have?

I’ve heard Hutson is a soft spoken type of guy. I personally am not a fan of that type of temperment for a coach. Maybe SUDS fan can give some insight. 

I’m leaning towards Grace. Sounds like he’s got some big time recruiting connections. 

25 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Who do Dog fans want to have?

All things being equal I would like to see Hutson over Grace.

With the D as his specialty he could bring someone like Vance Walberg in to set up and run the offense. I think we could have something really special if he does that.

33 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I’ve heard Hutson is a soft spoken type of guy. I personally am not a fan of that type of temperament for a coach. Maybe SUDS fan can give some insight. 

I’m leaning towards Grace. Sounds like he’s got some big time recruiting connections. 

Which coach jives best with what you're bringing back next year? I think Grace is the better choice. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

17 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Which coach jives best with what you're bringing back next year? I think Grace is the better choice. 

I really couldn’t tell you, but I just think players respond better to a coach that gets fired up and isn’t afraid to show his emotions. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

I’ve heard Hutson is a soft spoken type of guy. I personally am not a fan of that type of temperment for a coach. Maybe SUDS fan can give some insight. 

So was Larry Brown.  Others too. 

We all like to see some fire, but a calm, reasoned management style can be very effective. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

16 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So was Larry Brown.  Others too. 

We all like to see some fire, but a calm, reasoned management style can be very effective. 

Of course there are many soft spoken, successful coaches, I just prefer the alternative. 

3 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Of course there are many soft spoken, successful coaches, I just prefer the alternative. 

I do too. But it's no reason to pass on a guy.

Tark seemed fairly calm.  John Wooden too. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, Cincy said:

I’ve heard Hutson is a soft spoken type of guy. I personally am not a fan of that type of temperment for a coach. Maybe SUDS fan can give some insight. 

I like Justin a lot. He's been an excellent recruiter and has been most responsible for SDSU playing great defense. But you're correct he's a passive personality so maybe that doesn't make him a good candidate for a HC job. Regardless of whether Hutson remains at SDSU or becomes the HC at Fresno, I'll continue to be a fan of a guy whose image was very wrongly tarnished by that assclown Gary Parrish.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, Cincy said:

Sorry, I deleted your post quote :facepalm:

Is this the list of prospects? I saw this in the Fresno Bee with their odds of getting the job.

David Grace 2/1 Justin Hutson 4/1 Byron Jones 5/1 Michael Schwartz 8/1 Quincy Poindexter 20/1 Rod Higgins 40/1 . The rest of the field 25/1, I thought David Padgett might be a late add to the mix.:hmmm:

19 minutes ago, westfan said:

Is this the list of prospects? I saw this in the Fresno Bee with their odds of getting the job.

David Grace 2/1 Justin Hutson 4/1 Byron Jones 5/1 Michael Schwartz 8/1 Quincy Poindexter 20/1 Rod Higgins 40/1 . The rest of the field 25/1, I thought David Padgett might be a late add to the mix.:hmmm:

Yeah that’s the list. Like it says, it’s down to Grace and Hutson.