Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

It’s a great story and nobody saw them making the Playoffs. Even more of a great story given everything the community went through earlier in the season.

That being said, Playoffs are a totally different animal in the NHL. Neal and Flower will help immensely but until the players step on the ice, you don’t know how they’ll react in a high pressure game. 

Personally, I hope my team, the kings, get the Knights in the first round. 

I suppose the Kings should probably get in at this point. They need to keep playing strong though. No more WTF games. If they have to count on a WC, es no bueno. The Blues are coming up fast. Looking at the schedule, looks like LAK has a long homestand to close out, so they should probably be good.

Pretty good chance VGK has home ice through the first two rounds. I like their chances against anyone in the Pacific with home ice. Honestly, the Ducks worry me the most there. And really whatever else happens is just icing on the cake. They weren't even supposed to make the playoffs for a few years. The only pressure these guys have is coming from themselves. Ownership, Management and the fans couldn't be happier.

Will be interesting to see how they perform.

Well done Knights!

I've doubted them all season, but they continue to prove me wrong. They've played so well because they work harder than any other team in the league and have a ton of speed. The only problem I see in the playoffs is........in the playoffs everybody plays that way and the Knights don't have the talent to keep up IMO, but I've been wrong all season, so maybe I'll be wrong again. If you don't what I'm talking about, DVR a regular season game, then after the playoffs go back and watch it, you'll see what I mean. Since my team is literally the worst, I guess I'll pull for Las Vegas (sorry, being born and raised there makes it weird to call them "Vegas"), its weird that I'm not more excited about them, I should be.

57 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Well done Knights!

I've doubted them all season, but they continue to prove me wrong. They've played so well because they work harder than any other team in the league and have a ton of speed. The only problem I see in the playoffs is........in the playoffs everybody plays that way and the Knights don't have the talent to keep up IMO, but I've been wrong all season, so maybe I'll be wrong again. If you don't what I'm talking about, DVR a regular season game, then after the playoffs go back and watch it, you'll see what I mean. Since my team is literally the worst, I guess I'll pull for Las Vegas (sorry, being born and raised there makes it weird to call them "Vegas"), its weird that I'm not more excited about them, I should be.

The Knights advantage is their depth, which is critical in the playoffs as the games go on, they get worn down. The injury reports after a team is eliminated are always interesting. You’ll see someone playing on a broken ankle etc.

The biggest issue I see for the Knights is that it will be a lot more physical and that will be used to slow them down.  

Avalanche would be an easier draw but if they play the Kings/Ducks. They are in trouble.