Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

WCC vs MWC Arenas

21 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

I wish Lawlor would/could turn off the outermost lights during games. Sometimes I feel like the crowd would be a bit louder and more rowdy if the lighting was more focused on the court more NBA style.

And it would provide better cover for pushing grandmas down the stairs:ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

I also wish Lawlor had seats go from the concourse all the way down to the court. Hate the folding chairs. Renovating Lawlor is way down the way though. 

UF got that with the latest renovations to the O-Dome and it's +++++ing sweet. 

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If any of the bigger places get rocking it could cause issues. Be it any of the ones you mentioned, or also sold out or near capacity USU, Wyo, Boise and Fresno (if they ever get fans like the Selland Days.)

I would really like to see USU get it going again. Their student section, when they’re good, is one of the best in the country. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Historical note: After our outstanding "renovation", the Pit only maxes out at 15, 411. :pitchforks:

12 minutes ago, jdw said:

Historical note: After our outstanding "renovation", the Pit only maxes out at 15, 411. :pitchforks:

Did it drop that much?!?! I know it went down as they added some boxes which cut seating - For awhile there UNM would draw the easy to remember 18,018 every game 

13 minutes ago, jdw said:

UNLV did some renovations and actually removed the benches that made up the top 3 or 4 rows in the upper deck and put in actual stadium seats, and that with some other changes cut capacity from 18,500 to around 18,000 

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV did some renovations and actually removed the benches that made up the top 3 or 4 rows in the upper deck and put in actual stadium seats, and that with some other changes cut capacity from 18,500 to around 18,000 

Our renovation of the AA lowered our capacity from 15,024

The World Needs More Cowboys!

44 minutes ago, renoskier said:

:hmmm:

I always thought the Spokane Arena and the Spokane Coliseum were the same place. The Arena replaced the Coliseum at some point, apparently. I've only been to Spokane twice in my life. Once for a Pixies show. Which was strange and cool. And once for a family "vacation" almost 20 years ago which was strange and awful. 

Regardless, Jimi played Spokane, albeit at the old Coliseum

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-jimi-hendrix-experience/1968/spokane-coliseum-spokane-wa-73d49e75.html

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/slice/2013/oct/28/jimi-hendrix-spokane/

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The UF renovations put the O-Dome at 10,000 now, apparently. 

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Think some of these renovation reductions in capacity is just due to people getting larger and new seats being installed are wider than they used to be cutting a seat or two out of a row 

I know the seats are wider and roomier at the new TMobile arena compared to the T&M 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah, I already said that. 😀

great minds think alike. I believe I read where the microchip was simultaneously invented by two different guys and they both released their findings at the same time...ended up sharing the nobel prize lol

mem skyline sig.jpeg

15 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think some of these renovation reductions in capacity is just due to people getting larger and new seats being installed are wider than they used to be cutting a seat or two out of a row 

I know the seats are wider and roomier at the new TMobile arena compared to the T&M 

nicer concessions and wider concourses, beer gardens, 5-star bathrooms and baby changing stations, etc....

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

nicer concessions and wider concourses, beer gardens, 5-star bathrooms and baby changing stations, etc....

Yeah, all that too...........think UNM lost a lot of seats to new luxury boxes & concourse upgrades - also think the PIT used to have a lot of bench seats where they could cram people in 

7 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yeah, all that too...........think UNM lost a lot of seats to new luxury boxes & concourse upgrades - also think the PIT used to have a lot of bench seats where they could cram people in 

I've sat on the old bench seats a few times in the Pit.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Exactly - Zags can double ticket sales revenue & concessions just by moving 6 to 8 MWC games to the 12K 

There is no way that would happen, ask any Zag fan if they would give up home conference game in the Kennel  to play on the larger court.   They are like Nebraska in football with their straight sellouts in basketball.  BYU only gets 200 or 300 tickets at the Kennel, unused visiting fans tickets are happily bought by Zag fans.  Both St Mary's and BYU games would draw 12,000 fans for those home games, but why would Gonzaga give up their home court advantage in the Kennel?