Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

I think the Middle East is on the brink of war

The Middle East has either been at War or on the brink of War since the days of the Old Testament. And it will remain that way until Christ returns. It's all Biblical. 

4 hours ago, crixus said:

The Middle East has either been at War or on the brink of War since the days of the Old Testament. And it will remain that way until Christ returns. It's all Biblical. 

No. It isn't. It's tribal. 

And if every Jew could be Jesus they would. 

22 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. It isn't. It's tribal. 

And if every Jew could be Jesus they would. 

I know right! Dude was ripped and well hung!  Ahhhhhh I'm going to help for that.....

27 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I know right! Dude was ripped and well hung!  Ahhhhhh I'm going to help for that.....

I found Jesus once. Seriously. He was in my trunk the last time i came home from Mexicali. 

10 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Well shit, I guess $5+ gas is coming again.  Yay. 

10 hours ago, CPslograd said:

At least it will stop global warming.......

Hey, my house will double in value!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Not a chance. With the rise of the North American shale producers in West Texas and in the Bakken, not to mention other places, like the SCOOP formation in Oklahoma...the price of oil shouldn't see a spike for a long time. 

8 hours ago, crixus said:

I hope you're not one of those people that supports Israel only because you think that it's going to usher in the *woosh woosh* "End Times"...because they've been talking about this "end of days" nonsense forever, and it's never happened...it'll never happen, either. 

17 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Not a chance. With the rise of the North American shale producers in West Texas and in the Bakken, not to mention other places, like the SCOOP formation in Oklahoma...the price of oil shouldn't see a spike for a long time. 

I disagree with you here... I think that a big boom in, say, India or a big dent to oil production in any of Venezuela or Iran or Russia would cause oil prices to spike pretty easily. It's still super volatile and still driven by confidence. That said, I don't think it will plateau above 80 bucks any time soon for your reasons. 

15 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

I hope you're not one of those people that supports Israel only because you think that it's going to usher in the *woosh woosh* "End Times"...because they've been talking about this "end of days" nonsense forever, and it's never happened...it'll never happen, either. 

Alternatively, the "end times" have been happening in the Middle East for the last 2000 years (barring a few hundred years of Ottoman tranquility). The rest of the world just keeps chugging along though. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

34 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I disagree with you here... I think that a big boom in, say, India or a big dent to oil production in any of Venezuela or Iran or Russia would cause oil prices to spike pretty easily. It's still super volatile and still driven by confidence. That said, I don't think it will plateau above 80 bucks any time soon for your reasons. 

Alternatively, the "end times" have been happening in the Middle East for the last 2000 years (barring a few hundred years of Ottoman tranquility). The rest of the world just keeps chugging along though. 

My thing is though...you've got several wars taking place in the Middle East right now that are proxy wars between the two biggest oil producers in the ME, and WTI still sits around $65/barrel. You'd have to have some sort of catastrophic event for it to happen. With the opening up of pipelines in ND, production will only increase, I'd imagine...though I don't know if drilling will follow in the current environment. I'm with you though, I can't see it going above $75-80 anytime soon...we'd have to see something monumental happen for it to even approach $100...those days are gone. I think the US as a swing producer has really helped even out the market in that regard. 

As for the ME...the region needs dictators...with the way the borders have been artificially drawn, the strongman is the only person who can keep those assorted tribes in order and from killing each other. Democracy doesn't work, and will never work over there. The dictator is needed to protect the rights of minorities from being killed by marauding extremist majorities...which is why I support people like Assad in Syria, as brutal as he might come across...the alternative is much much worse. 

20 hours ago, Boise fan said:

California says:

$5.00? Hold my beer

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On March 26, 2018 at 6:50 AM, retrofade said:

This is why the prospect of Pompeo as SoS and Bolton as NSA scares the shit out of me. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/john-bolton-is-no-bugaboo-1522105378?shareToken=st201fb2a80b514ec696cf750b0d1f01e1&reflink=article_email_share

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

California says:

$5.00? Hold my beer

That's why commuters would be so much better off buying electric cars or at least hybrids.  If I ever lived in Cali again, that's what I'd do.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

9 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

As for the ME...the region needs dictators...with the way the borders have been artificially drawn, the strongman is the only person who can keep those assorted tribes in order and from killing each other. Democracy doesn't work, and will never work over there. The dictator is needed to protect the rights of minorities from being killed by marauding extremist majorities...which is why I support people like Assad in Syria, as brutal as he might come across...the alternative is much much worse. 

Or a Hitler. Look at all the peace in Europe after his war against minorities.  :hmmm:

12 hours ago, Rampage said:

Or a Hitler. Look at all the peace in Europe after his war against minorities.  :hmmm:

That's apples and oranges. Hitler was concerned with persecuting minorities and made it the cornerstone of his platform. Assad, despite the best try of the Western media, is nowhere near a Hitler, nothing close....his government protects the rights of minorities and women, something that would be thrown to the wayside had he been ever forcefully removed from power. 

Even the Iranian regime...for all of its strangeness...not a genocidal regime. Nothing close to Hitler. 

48 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

That's apples and oranges. Hitler was concerned with persecuting minorities and made it the cornerstone of his platform. Assad, despite the best try of the Western media, is nowhere near a Hitler, nothing close....his government protects the rights of minorities and women, something that would be thrown to the wayside had he been ever forcefully removed from power. 

Even the Iranian regime...for all of its strangeness...not a genocidal regime. Nothing close to Hitler. 

They lack ONLY the means. the motivation and mindset are exactly the same. EXACTLY.

Assad is demon spawn.  He is OF a minority, Alawi, and he and his father before him have brutally ruled over the Syrian majority Sunni in league with the Shia minority backed by Iran for decades.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke