Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Today I did something I’m very proud of!

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I support religious rights even though i think religion is dumb. I support akkula's right to be the dumbest person on the planet.   You need to support others rights if you want to keep your own.

No one can take that belt from you, Tools. You've got that honor locked up for awhile!  Donny can't even trump you.  And he's your twin!

It's like you were separated at birth!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

20 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

No one can take that belt from you, Tools. You've got that honor locked up for awhile!  Donny can't even trump you.  And he's your twin!

It's like you were separated at birth!

Even the dumbest person on the planet has followers.   

Both can be seen featured at the Darwin Awards.

7 hours ago, Akkula said:

...and I will be becoming a member of their first amendment cousin. The National Yell Fire In a Crowded Movie Theater Association

...because the gubmint can't take maa rights to express maself however aye see fyt!

Not sure which Comrade fan likes more between your authoritarian posts or the mass murderer in your profile pic. It’s really too close to call.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, jackmormon said:

You should celebrate and buy yourself another one these...

So jack, what activities have the DNC lined up with George Soros for April? 

12 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not sure which Comrade fan likes more between your authoritarian posts or the mass murderer in your profile pic. It’s really too close to call.

I would much prefer to have Che in my profile pic if I were an authoritarian lefty. Much more en vogue. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I opened hoping you finally did come out of the closet....instead, the fake, ‘I’m all man’ compensation post. Ok, I guess I’ll play.....Congrats on re-upping your membership! Way to go, top 25! Hooray!!! #desperate4trafficpost #Ijustbit

12 hours ago, jackmormon said:

You really need to update your shit.

Hey, if the shoe fits ....

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Actually this is kind of topical.  All the hipsters I know are way into communism and communist memes.  They are actually kind of clever.

Comrade fan must be posing as a hipster. 

3 hours ago, creeper86 said:

I opened hoping you finally did come out of the closet....instead, the fake, ‘I’m all man’ compensation post. Ok, I guess I’ll play.....Congrats on re-upping your membership! Way to go, top 25! Hooray!!! #desperate4trafficpost #Ijustbit

How's your new ride working out creeper?

van.jpg

“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m contemplating it myself. And I don’t even own a gun.

You are probably the nicest most well rounded person on the board, so don't take this the wrong way.

But honestly, that is a little irresponsible, especially if you have kids.  You live in one of the few times and places where the people have a this right, to not use it, and pass that understanding on to your children, is not teaching your kids our history and culture.

38 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

Whoever thinks that quote applies to the second amendment to the constitution is a fool of the highest order.  The patriot act, Snowden, wikileaks, Waco, ruby ridge, Trump, Obama have all exposed or are examples of our government attacking the citizens.   If anything the second amendment is more important now than it was 250 years ago.

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

You are probably the nicest most well rounded person on the board, so don't take this the wrong way.

But honestly, that is a little irresponsible, especially if you have kids.  You live in one of the few times and places where the people have a this right, to not use it, and pass that understanding on to your children, is not teaching your kids our history and culture.

The oldest is 7. He has a pellet gun. When he gets a little older we’ll try a .22 out. It’s not like I’m against firearms or anything, they’re all going to learn how to use them. It’s just never been my thing as a hobby. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The oldest is 7. He has a pellet gun. When he gets a little older we’ll try a .22 out. It’s not like I’m against firearms or anything, they’re all going to learn how to use them. It’s just never been my thing as a hobby. 

That’s cool, I know you’re not.

Where did you grow up?  I assume you didn’t grow up around firearms?

Its absolutely none of my business, I’m just kind of curious why you don’t own a gun, it surprises me.  Feel free to ask me to drop it if you don’t feel like talking about it.

Pretty much everyone I grew up with had guns in the house, with the exception of one of my best friends, but his parents were from SoCal and were younger, and his dad wasn’t a vet, which now that I think about it, was pretty unusual in my peer group.

8 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

That’s cool, I know you’re not.

Where did you grow up?  I assume you didn’t grow up around firearms?

Its absolutely none of my business, I’m just kind of curious why you don’t own a gun, it surprises me.  Feel free to ask me to drop it if you don’t feel like talking about it.

Pretty much everyone I grew up with had guns in the house, with the exception of one of my best friends, but his parents were from SoCal and were younger, and his dad wasn’t a vet, which now that I think about it, was pretty unusual in my peer group.

I grew up in The Armpit of America. My family, and pretty much everyone I knew, were avid hunters and firearms enthusiasts. My brothers still have a nice collection of firearms, as does my father, though less so after an early 2000’s burglary. I was even a bad archer for a time, though I always enjoyed the wilderness and the thrill of helping someone else hunt than putting the sneak on myself. I was never that stealthy anyway.

Team sports and playing guitar just interested me infinitely more than guns growing up, and I was far better at them. I was exposed to them plenty, it just so happens that I prefer thinking about guns, historically, narratively, and in the abstract; much more than I ever did actually shooting them. The O.K. Corral as a concept was more intriguing to me than woefully trying to drill some distant beer cans. I was good at a lot of things, sniping targets was not one.

But I still feel strongly that my children should understand how to use firearms, their potential implications, and that it is a father’s great duty to be the one to teach them. I don’t want their jerk-off hillbilly friends to do it, nor do I want them to discover it on their own in early adulthood should they become interested. It’s a grave and monumental tool, and that requires a father figure’s gravity and seemingly monumental person to instruct.

If it’s simply the historical anomalomusnous of American’s right to arms and the profound impact it’s had on human history, I’m the right guy for my kids to teach them. If it’s the joy of gun ownership, and not just the respect and responsibility of it, then they’ll be better served by my brothers. Either way, they’ll learn how to use them, even if they never pick them up again afterwards in their lives.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.