Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Shakur Juiston

6 minutes ago, dark brew said:

I really like Juiston, great college player.  But you're dead wrong.  Most of his shots are within 5 feet of the basket and if he was so consistent in knocking down 10-15 footers, I would expect his free throw percentage to be significantly better than 51%.  As far as UNLV stifling his role, he had the same type of stats at the JuCo he was at previously.  Players who can shoot from the outside find a way to do so.  The current NBA doesn't have much room for undersized power forwards who can't shoot (from the outside, don't give me Juiston's FG percentage.  Deandre Jordan has a career 67% FG percentage). If Juiston can add a reliable 3 point shot (33% or better, which is a big if at this point) next year, then he'd have a much better shot at sticking in the NBA.  Best case scenario in his current form is a Kenneth Faried type, and Faried's minutes have been decreasing since his second year in the league.

How am I dead wrong when I am speaking on facts?

He WAS consistent on knocking down 10-15 footers....he hit multiple jumpers in nearly every game.

He shot two 3 pointers all year. Hit both of them. 100%.

I can't explain his FT shooting, but he won't be the first person in the world to have that problem.

Plus reread my intentions. Clown9923r07 said his game doesn't extend beyond 5 feet and it's terribly wrong. By statistics and video proof.

I'm not here selling Juiston as the next NBA great.

He needs to come back to UNLV for his senior year.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

"Shakur Juiston attempted 46 jump shots and made 22. Good for 47.8 percent and 1.00 points per possession"

-Mike Grimala

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

"Shakur Juiston attempted 46 jump shots and made 22. Good for 47.8 percent and 1.00 points per possession"

-Mike Grimala

So not too bad of a jump shooter.

Hard to take jump shots when you're making damn near 70% near the rim though. So it's easy to see why he attacked it so hard.

Would love to see him back.

Have we confirmed that he really did declare? 

If that tweet was a declaration that he's at least testing the waters, he's a weird dude.  I wasn't even sure he was talking about basketball.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

20 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Wasn't your diagnosis provided to you by a therapist who was kind of spitballing? 

It wasn’t spitballing at all.  It was a formal diagnosis based on personality assessments that would have cost several hundred dollars without insurance.

It seems that UNLV recruits a lot of kids that all believe they are going to play in the NBA and are more interested in padding their stats than winning basketball games. It’s tough to coach those kind of kids. By the way, I don’t think Juiston is one of those kids. 

IMO Juiston has great potential but would be wise to return to UNLV and develop his overall game. Same thing with McCoy. Neither is ready for the NBA right now. 

34 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It seems that UNLV recruits a lot of kids that all believe they are going to play in the NBA and are more interested in padding their stats than winning basketball games. It’s tough to coach those kind of kids. By the way, I don’t think Juiston is one of those kids. 

IMO Juiston has great potential but would be wise to return to UNLV and develop his overall game. Same thing with McCoy. Neither is ready for the NBA right now. 

Let us know when you recruit a 5* McDonalds All American and turn him away because you are worried he is going to be a one and done.  

5 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Let us know when you recruit a 5* McDonalds All American and turn him away because you are worried he is going to be a one and done.  

If they are selfish, aren’t team players, and not coachable I wouldn’t want them. You are never going to win with those kind of guys. I don’t think Juiston or McCoy are those type of players. The same can’t be said for several others on your team which is why you finished where you did. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

If they are selfish, aren’t team players, and not coachable I wouldn’t want them. You are never going to win with those kind of guys. I don’t think Juiston or McCoy are those type of players. The same can’t be said for several others on your team which is why you finished where you did. 

You sound clueless about our players.  You are right about McCoy and Juiston but, what high rated players do we have that are selfish and uncoachable?  Mooring, Clyburn, Johnson are barely Div. 1 players.  They ended up on our team because of bad timing for Menzies coming into a program with no players.  Try again.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Well let’s just say your guards would rather cast off from twenty five feet than get the ball inside to the strength of your team. Why would they do that? Maybe they weren’t elite recruits, but they seemed to think they were. 

I’m glad they are gone.  We have some new guards coming in next year.  Stay tuned.  If they turn out like the last two I mentioned previously then Menzies can hit the road as well.  We also have Amari Hardy coming back. A 3/4 Star player.  Appears very coachable but, played like a freshman imo.  He will get better.

3 hours ago, NWRebel said:

I’m glad they are gone.  We have some new guards coming in next year.  Stay tuned.  If they turn out like the last two I mentioned previously then Menzies can hit the road as well.  We also have Amari Hardy coming back. A 3/4 Star player.  Appears very coachable but, played like a freshman imo.  He will get better.

I think Hamilton is an instant upgrade over what we just lost, freshman or not. Woodbury is probably just about right there with him. 

If hardy works on his outside shot over the summer, he’ll end up being a really good player. 

9 hours ago, NWRebel said:

It would be different if those guys actually lived up to their star rankings.  

You have to admit Zimmerman, & to a lesser extent, McCoy, did not play like 1st rd picks.  

Stars are highly overrated.  McCoy needs another year or two, IMO. But if he can get 1st rd money......

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama