Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Way too early basketball Rank ‘Em

Nevada

UNM

SDSU

UNLV

Boise

Wyoming

Fresno

Utah State

CSU

Air Force

SJSU

This assumes no coaching or player turnover, which is unlikely. Also if Gonzaga comes on board they would be #2 in the rank ‘em.  The top 4 should all be in contention for at-large bids next year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I’d be just fine with a top 5 finish next year. 

I wasn’t sure where to pencil Boise in next season.  I know you guys lose Hutch though. Not sure who else you’re losing. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Gonzaga

Nevada

SDSU

UNM

Boise

UNLV

Fresno

Wyoming

CSU

USU

AFA

SJSU

EDIT: This is obviously way too early look, and teams are going to add grad transfers and lose players. If Jalen McDaniels does return this would have a chance to have 3 top 25 teams and 4 tourney teams 

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I wasn’t sure where to pencil Boise in next season.  I know you guys lose Hutch though. Not sure who else you’re losing. 

Well, we lose our top 3 scorers (Hutch, Sengfelder and Williams), so that doesn't bode well.  We'll see how guys on the team step up.  Also, there is supposed to be some good young talent coming in that could get play time.  We should get a good feel for Leon's coaching abilities next season. The outcome could range anywhere between disastrous to acceptable.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

11 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Well, we lose our top 3 scorers (Hutch, Sengfelder and Williams), so that doesn't bode well.  We'll see how guys on the team step up.  Also, there is supposed to be some good young talent coming in that could get play time.  We should get a good feel for Leon's coaching abilities next season. The outcome could range anywhere between disastrous to acceptable.  

I think Rice is a pretty good coach.  I think he will have you guys in the middle of the pack next season. 

Nevada

UNM

SDSU

Wyoming 

Boise

Fresno

UNLV

CSU

Utah St

Air Force

SJSU

I’m really not sure what to make of SDSU next year, Pope and Kell are gone and the team sucked when Kell didn’t pay. They bring in a lot of bigs next year and they need McDaniels back. I actually think UNLV takes a step back next year they are going to be arguably smaller next year without McCoy and if they have to play Juice at center he’ll get all the attention he could take a step back.

A lot of moving parts left though mainly what happens with transfers and NBA decisions.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Nevada

UNM

SDSU

UNLV

Boise

Wyoming

Fresno

Utah State

CSU

Air Force

SJSU

This assumes no coaching or player turnover, which is unlikely. Also if Gonzaga comes on board they would be #2 in the rank ‘em.  The top 4 should all be in contention for at-large bids next year. 

Dude, it's football season

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Nevada

SDSU

New Mexico 

Boise State

Wyoming

Utah State

Fresno State 

Colorado State

Air Force 

SJSU

UNLV

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Things which are guaranteed to occur annually:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. A last place finish for SJSU basketball

spartan: marked by simplicity or avoidance of luxury

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Nevada

UNM

SDSU

UNLV

Boise

Wyoming

Fresno

Utah State

CSU

Air Force

SJSU

Nailed it. Boise is losing too much, and Wyoming losing dalton will hurt. We’ll see how their incoming recruits do.

and the Rebs will actually have some returning players! Yay!