Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Trump Addresses Spending Bill

I don't know how any Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian or anyone who doesn't even vote could support this bill.   How is this any different than 3rd world countries who bribe gov't officials to get what they want? 

This shows how dysfunctional and corrupt the US Congress is.  You vote for my stuff and I'll vote for your stuff and we'll just borrow more money.  These guys don't even pretend to try anymore. 

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

You vote for my stuff and I'll vote for your stuff

I mean, that's how congress was designed to work and that's how it did work when we considered it to "work" pretty well. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

I mean, that's how congress was designed to work and that's how it did work when we considered it to "work" pretty well. 

He's got a point though with the phrase "and we'll just borrow more money".  That's got out of hand.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Yes, but I bet he supports the unnecessary tax cuts.

Not sure they were unnecessary.  Capital investments by companies such as Apple were severely lacking.  Less so now.  Small businesses are now doing better in general.  Just leave it at that though and the narrative would have been spun as this being a trickle down policy and corporate welfare, which would have of course been idiotic. 

Edit:  I guess dems are still selling it as that.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure they were unnecessary.  Capital investments by companies such as Apple were severely lacking.  Less so now.  Small businesses are now doing better in general.  Just leave it at that though and the narrative would have been spun as this being a trickle down policy and corporate welfare, which would have of course been idiotic. 

Edit:  I guess dems are still selling it as that.

The corporate one's were good and necessary.  The personal cuts, nice but not necessary. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

The corporate one's were good and necessary.  The personal cuts, nice but not necessary. 

Agreed 100%.  However without those personal cuts it would have been spun three ways till yesterday and twice tomorrow as a greedy break for those evil corporations that did nothing for the middle and lower class.  Which it ironically still is being billed as by those on the left.

17 hours ago, renoskier said:

Speak for yourself.  The tax cuts were great imo.   I personally would have made the Corp tax rate more like 24-25% but thats just me.  
However Congress doesn't have a revenue problem, doesn't matter how much they have they spend more.  They have a spending problem, in every area.  
Yes I like having a good defense, No I don't like how much we spend (and waste) on defense.  And everything else.  Everything should be cut until we're at least in current balance, then look to pay down the deficit slowly.