Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Everyone should be thrilled with Nevada's run

Yes it SUCKS they couldn't pull the game out especially since they would have had VERY winnable games up until the championship game. And if Nevada was my primary team (Fresno is) this loss will take a long time to get over.

BUT lets just call this a tournament on a neutral court in November where Nevada play 3 games. One vs a mid level big-12 school, one vs a top 10 team (Cincy), one vs a top 15 (Loyola, which will actually be top 10 if they win another game). Furthermore you are informed at some point in each game in the 2nd half Nevada will be down by at least 10pts and at most 22pts. What record would you expect? Be happy with? Thrilled with?

Honestly I would expect 0-3, hope for/be happy with 1-2, be thrilled with 2-1, and think I am dreaming if they went 3-0. So 2-1 is an amazing outcome. Especially since it would have just taken ONE missed shot vs Texas and all the sudden Nevada would have had a disappointing end to there season (2 late season loses to SDSU and a 1st round NCAAT loss).

There are tons of MWC programs who have still never made a Sweet 16 since it expanded to 64 teams.  So yeah, ppl are disappointed because last night was winnable (and then Kentucky lost) but when they look back it will have been a great year for them. (And good reasons for them to be hopeful for next year too)