Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRed702

Dave Rice to USU?

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Maybe we will be playing twice a year in basketball here in a year to two.

Probably not, unless you guys get Baptized and join the WCC....

Would UNR ever consider converting to a Baha'i institution?  Or maybe Unitarian Universalist, at the very least?

If you do, I will guarantee Nevada admission to the prestigious WCC....

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Would UNR ever consider converting to a Baha'i institution?  Or maybe Unitarian Universalist, at the very least?

Nevada spent 10 years in the WCC..

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, slappy said:

His real dad?

@ph90702

Yes, his real dad.  PH can confirm.  His dad holds the distinction of being a proud BYU fan.

His dad is not a redneck (a Wyoming fan).

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Maybe Scientology.  I’ve seen quite a few commercials for their new propaganda directv channel during the NCAA tournament. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, mugtang said:

Maybe Scientology.  I’ve seen quite a few commercials for their new propaganda directv channel during the NCAA tournament. 

Not Scientology.  Sorry, they are out.  

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

Nevada spent 10 years in the WCC..

If you guys want back in that badly, then I'll see what I can do.

I actually like the hire.  Utah State is gaining traction every day and Rice can really recruit.  He would be the best recruiter in that state hands down.  He is a winner.  Every stop in his career has shown that.  

I would guarantee a finish above Unlv next year.  Would take all bets.  

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

@ph90702

Yes, his real dad.  PH can confirm.  His dad holds the distinction of being a proud BYU fan.

His dad is not a redneck (a Wyoming fan).

Well I need to know that ph can confirm his biological dad first.  I'll wait for his response.  

Regarding your trash talk.  Do better, not much to play with there. 

1 hour ago, Jersey Rebels said:

No? In the last 26 years, UNLV has had seven coaches. One resigned/got fired for negotiating a secret contract, one left because he didn't like it, one got fired for infractions, one stepped down due to health, another moved on for a better job, and Dave Rice got fired for poor results. Take out the pair that should and would get fired at any school for that shit, not really all that different from Utah's four coaches since 1990 when Majerus took over. Or New Mexico's six since 1989. Or CSU's five. Or Nevada's five. Or Fresno's five.

This whole thing of UNLV turning over basketball coaches is based upon bullshit. Spoonhour got a fair share. Rice got a fair share. Menzies will get a fair share. Grgurich left on his own accord after seven games. Spoonhour left on his own accord. Kruger left on his own accord. 

(I don't count interim guys)

So give it another 26 years?

Utah and UNLV have had similar trajectories.  They both have had a once in a generation type coach that have left unrealistic expectations in their wake.

25 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

So give it another 26 years?

Utah and UNLV have had similar trajectories.  They both have had a once in a generation type coach that have left unrealistic expectations in their wake.

On the real, I do not believe UNLV has the funding to sustain a program that is Tark-like in today's climate. The only chance they have at that is if they strike gold with someone like Archie Miller was at Dayton, get him young and cheap, and gain experience and go deep into the tournament once or twice while increasing pay as they get more and more money from Tourney credits. As it is right now, it's only a matter of time before a P5 team offers a UNLV coach 3 million, which UNLV won't be able to match or won't want to match. I mean, just look at Utah, paying Larry K over 3 million. 

If UNLV, and this goes for other schools in the same predicament but UNLV especially because of the recruiting, had the pockets of even a UConn, then I think UNLV would be just fine in regards to expectations. And it's not even like UConn is rich. 

50 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Phuck off.....we're Wiccan:hookah:

Guest #1Stunner
40 minutes ago, slappy said:

Well I need to know that ph can confirm his biological dad first.  I'll wait for his response.  

Regarding your trash talk.  Do better, not much to play with there. 

What trash talk?