Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

What’s the furthest Nevada can go?

NCAA tournament   

92 members have voted

1. 1. How much further does Nevada go?

• This is it, they don’t go beyond the Sweet 16
    • Elite 8
    • Final 4
    • Championship Game
    • They win it all

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/2018 at 11:07 PM

They start at 6'1, 6'4, 6'5,6'6 and 6'9-260.  If the big guy is not quick then Caroline should have a big game. Our rebounding has to improve especially offensively, foul shots also have to be solid. This is a very winnable game if we don't get more than 10 down but hopefully stay ahead.

I think they could get to the championship game if everything breaks just right. That being said, I think the most likely scenario is beating Loyola-Chicago, and then losing to Kentucky in the Elite 8. 

My vote is for the further I think they can go, not for where I expect them to end up.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I would prefer we play with the lead instead of coming from behind. 

Not me. I want to see if they can fall behind by 30 and still pull it out. :shots:

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Not me. I want to see if they can fall behind by 30 and still pull it out. :shots:

Only if that’s in the national championship game.  Lol

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, wolf from 73 said:

They start at 6'1, 6'4, 6'5,6'6 and 6'9-260.  If the big guy is not quick then Caroline should have a big game. Our rebounding has to improve especially offensively, foul shots also have to be solid. This is a very winnable game if we don't get more than 10 down but hopefully stay ahead.

He is not quick. His BMI is pushing 30. Big and Beefy. Caroline should have a good day and foul him out.

I was watching Colin Cowherd show I think yesterday where him and Gottlieb were talking about the South Region and how Callipari should really just stop complaining about everything, thinking everyone is out to get Kentucky. However back on subject, they also referred to the Region now as a Kentucky Basketball Invitational where they have the easiest road to the Final Four which could hurt them in the long run. However Cowherd and Gottlieb both agreed with the teams left in the sweet 16, Nevada is the team with the best chance to knock them off if both teams get to the Elite 8 because Nevada's athletes match up better against Kentucky than Kansas St and Loyola would.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I agree. But if K-State somehow beats Kentucky all bets are off.  I don’t think K-State can beat Kentucky though. 

Completely agree. If K-State knocks off Kentucky I think Nevada makes it to the Final Four.  In the Final Four all bets are off.

I actually hope this happens because if Muss takes UNR to the Final Four it might make it harder for him to leave.

12 minutes ago, brillio said:

Thursday is going to be tough since the whole arena will be pulling for Loyola. Weird that we won’t be considered the Cinderella team in our game. 

Thursday will be a very difficult game.   We are in no way a shoe in for the Elite 8. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, brillio said:

Thursday is going to be tough since the whole arena will be pulling for Loyola. Weird that we won’t be considered the Cinderella team in our game. 

I really don't know about that. I think the crowd is going to be more interested in that game than the Kentucky/Kansas st that will follow. If both teams play like they have been in the tournament I think that game is going to very entertaining with the crowd cheering for both. 

To me I think Loyola got screwed with an 11 seed, they should have been higher, however you have two teams that very few people thought would make it to the Sweet Sixteen playing each other. I think both are Cinderella's problem is because the press pretty much ignored Loyola the entire season that is why people have put the slipper on them. For me for what has happened to both, we need two glass slippers for both.

Now in the Elite 8 game, I think if the winner of the Loyola/Nevada game keeps it close against the winner of Kentucky/Kansas St the whole arena will be pulling for Loyola or Nevada. 

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's at the same time inspiring and worrisome that Nevada keeps winning close score games after giving up large 1st half leads.  It's not sustainable going deeper into the tournament.  If they can break this recent habit I think they can get past Loyola and perhas even Kentucky.

Loyola ranks sixth in all of college basketball in field goal percentage (58.5 percent), and they have at any time 3 players on the court that can break defenders down off the dribble.  It's not a team that you should fall behind to as they can consistently score to maintain a lead.

I question I have is, do the NV starters have enough left in the tank?    

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Now in the Elite 8 game, I think if the winner of the Loyola/Nevada game keeps it close against the winner of Kentucky/Kansas St the whole arena will be pulling for Loyola or Nevada. 

A large majority of that arena is going to be Kentucky fans. The crowd will be pro Wildcats during any game they play in. 

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

crosses fingers/says a prayer that West Virginia doesn't win it all

12_West_Virginia_Texas_Tech_Basketball_6

That must be this Tubby Smith character I've heard about, no?

23 minutes ago, aztech said:

I question I have is, do the NV starters have enough left in the tank?    

I’m not worried about the conditioning of our players.  They train up at Tahoe all summer long.  

30 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Thursday will be a very difficult game.   We are in no way a shoe in for the Elite 8. 

I agree.  The reason we got behind in those games & against SDSU is because the shots weren't falling forcing us to play catchup.  A couple of misses trying to catchup & we're done.  I don't think it's a sustainable method.  Still, we could start hot for a change.  Who knows?  It's a toss up to me.  

1 minute ago, brillio said:

Tahoe ain’t 7,220!

6,225. Pretty close. :D