Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

$1.7 Million Reasons to Tolerate UNR

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Honestly, Reno probably should have lost both games so far. I hesitate to say they are actually playing well. But this is no normal team. Legendary heart and determination. 

Probably should've lost based on what? That sounds like something a Texas, Cincy or UNLV fan would say. If one team looks better on paper than another, who cares. That's why you play the game. When the other team chokes, a lot of times it's because of an excellent game plan that could be tiring them out, frustrating them mentally, etc. 

kat.jpg

9 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Probably should've lost based on what? That sounds like something a Texas, Cincy or UNLV fan would say. If one team looks better on paper than another, who cares. That's why you play the game. When the other team chokes, a lot of times it's because of an excellent game plan that could be tiring them out, frustrating them mentally, etc. 

Uh, we were down 14 and 22 points. Safe to say that we should’ve lost both games. We didn’t though!

39 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Uh, we were down 14 and 22 points. Safe to say that we should’ve lost both games. We didn’t though!

We’ve played about 30 good minutes in our last 125 minutes of game time. The rest has been anywhere from “meh” to “oh my holy god.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

When the ESPN win percentage calculator gives you a 99.9% chance of losing it’s safe to say you should have lost.

Battle of incredible JuJu coming up.

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

When the ESPN win percentage calculator gives you a 99.9% chance of losing it’s safe to say you should have lost.

Battle of incredible JuJu coming up.

I won't argue with this.....most of the time when you see under 1% chance of winning that late in a game, you're not going to win. That being said though, Nevada is a second half team because of 1) grit 2) conditioning and 3) Muss makes great second half adjustments. Once we started trapping and changed our pick and roll, it was our game. Tale of two halves in both games and I'm glad we came out on top. 

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I won't argue with this.....most of the time when you see under 1% chance of winning that late in a game, you're not going to win. That being said though, Nevada is a second half team because of 1) grit 2) conditioning and 3) Muss makes great second half adjustments. Once we started trapping and changed our pick and roll, it was our game. Tale of two halves in both games and I'm glad we came out on top. 

Ha... this is true. Boise State did this to us in football last season. Rams had a 99% chance of winning....and blew it. 

Thanks for the excitement yesterday, Nevada.....that was awesome. 

35 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

"Should've lost both" doesn't sound right to me. Maybe "We were on our way to losing both".

That understates what happened. We were dead in both, and particularly against Cincinnati. I mean, any bad break down the stretch and we were cooked.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

That understates what happened. We were dead in both, and particularly against Cincinnati. I mean, any bad break down the stretch and we were cooked.

OK, how about "we were dead in the water but made an amazing comeback"

The "should've lost" part doesn't sound like there's any credit given to the comeback.. kind of like it was all luck.

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The "should've lost" part doesn't sound like there's any credit given to the comeback.. kind of like it was all luck.

Man, this a tough one. 

Last two games if we didn't make a shot at a particular time we were done. We made a shot , that led to another 'if we don't make it we're done ' and repeat over and over. 

Don't know if it's luck or whatever, but we keep making the shots. 

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Certainly what helped in the Cincy game was only 2 turn overs. Not sure about the Texas game, though.

Indeed. I’m sure that isn’t a record, but it’s a damn impressive stat and most certainly it helped offset. I think statistical anomalies like that, combined with the fact that your team isn’t very tall, plus (obviously) the comebacks are what make this group so endearing to basketball fans in general. It’s fun to watch a team that finds ways to win which buck the status quo. I never turned the Cincy game off because I knew that you guys still had a chance to win, even down 22.

What a ride for Nevada fans and I have to admit that I’m enjoying it quite a bit myself, as a freakin Bronco fan!

23 hours ago, BroncoFan78 said:

You do keep making the shots. Now if you guys could just start hitting some free throws, imagine how much better things will get.

Amen.  Nevada’s season average for made free throws is 73.9%, in our first two tourney games we are shooting just 55.9%...that will bite us in the ass if we don’t knock them down on Thursday.

10 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Amen.  Nevada’s season average for made free throws is 73.9%, in our first two tourney games we are shooting just 55.9%...that will bite us in the ass if we don’t knock them down on Thursday.

Caroline is having the biggest issue with that. Hes normally average

26 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Caroline is having the biggest issue with that. Hes normally average

I think he shot 72 or 73 percent over the year, until the MWC tournament. Crazy how many he has missed.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Without luck it wouldn't have happened, though. A single layup or 3 pointer from Cincy, seemingly meaningless, would have ended it.

The greatest accomplishments need you to be lucky and good.

20 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I think he shot 72 or 73 percent over the year, until the MWC tournament. Crazy how many he has missed.

GU has had this issue in the tourney as well.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.