Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Nevada vs Gonzaga in the final four?

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The thing I like about this is Loyola is hot and playing way over their average. Sooner or later they'll have a bad game or even an average one. We certainly won't overlook them like maybe the others did. 

They have been a pretty consistant team this year. If we have the MWC vs. MVC challenge next year these two could end up meeting in the regular season next year.

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

They have been a pretty consistant team this year. If we have the MWC vs. MVC challenge next year these two could end up meeting in the regular season next year.

Probably even more likely now since there would be the rematch aspect. Loyola does returns a decent amount (not as much as Nevada). Might as well pit the #1* in MW vs #1 in MVC.

*my guess is if Gonzaga joins the MW they will be exempt from the MW/MVC challenge. 

3 hours ago, thedude15 said:

It is possible

Nevada just needs to beat Loyola and likely Kentucky. That is not any tougher that beating Texas and Cincy. 

We all know Gonzaga is capable.

😂😂😂😂😂 at UNR fans.

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Probably even more likely now since there would be the rematch aspect. Loyola does returns a decent amount (not as much as Nevada). Might as well pit the #1* in MW vs #1 in MVC.

*my guess is if Gonzaga joins the MW they will be exempt from the MW/MVC challenge. 

Is there any way we can create the AAC-MWC challenge or Big East-MWC challenge instead? lol

48 minutes ago, bigd said:

That wasn't a Nevada fan...

Yeah I am a Fresno/LBSU fan (grew up around Fresno when to school at LBSU) not a Nevada fan. I mean I AM a Nevada fan in the sense I am a fan off ALL MW schools (ie with the level our conference is at we don't have the luxury to cheer against any conference mate. We need any success we can get). 

It is just fun to speculate about a potential amazing possibility. I mean the odds (at this point in the tourney) that Nevada plays Gonzaga in final the final four is a lot greater than the odds of 16 seed UMBC beating 1 seed Virginia. I would seriously put the odds at around 5% whereas UMBC only had a 1.5% chance to win. So there is a chance. 

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The thing I like about this is Loyola is hot and playing way over their average. Sooner or later they'll have a bad game or even an average one. We certainly won't overlook them like maybe the others did. 

Loyola is pretty effing good, man! I say playing “way” over their head is a bit of an overstatement.

1 hour ago, PackNation said:

Another winner by ph12345.

WTF is wrong with you? And don't play the autism card.

Dude is officially the Reno goodluck charm and the death of all things UNLV.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

13 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Loyola is pretty effing good, man! I say playing “way” over their head is a bit of an overstatement.

No kidding. They’ve already put a 3 and a 6 on their ass, won their conference tournament, and smashed a league rated above the Mountain West in RPI. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, PackNation said:

Another winner by ph12345.

WTF is wrong with you? And don't play the autism card.

Nothing is wrong with me.  I’m just saying that if they beat Loyola, they’re not beating Kentucky.  They are better at every position on the floor and can play at least eight players, so depth/fouls won’t be an issue.