Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Dam BSU beat Loyola (Chi) a sweet 16 team by 34!

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

True. But I wouldn’t waste. By the looks of things, you won’t be getting another one anytime soon.

i don't know..as you pack fans have learned, a basketball program can make a quick turnaround. it'd be kind of funny if we got another one before you got your first.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

i don't know..as you pack fans have learned, a basketball program can make a quick turnaround. it'd be kind of funny if we got another one before you got your first.

Well I’m sure it will happen with Grgurich, Bayno, Spoonhour, Kruger, Rice, Menzies the next coach. 

I would genuinely be happy for UNLV. And it would be great for the rest of us. ... Finally, UNLV fans could stop talking about banners from 30 years ago!

8 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Well I’m sure it will happen with Grgurich, Bayno, Spoonhour, Kruger, Rice, Menzies the next coach. 

I would genuinely be happy for UNLV. And it would be great for the rest of us. ... Finally, UNLV fans could stop talking about banners from 30 years ago!

at least we have a bunch to talk about. :rock:

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sorry @4UNLV. I think you’re a good poster. Should’ve thrown in more emojis to make sure you knew I was being TIC.

:cheers:

it's ok. hopefully someday you guys get something besides these..:D

BhhcjnICUAExLSZ.jpg

(that emoji I added made the difference..that's how it's done. :D)

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

at least we have a bunch to talk about. :rock:

:cheers:

it's ok. hopefully someday you guys get something besides these..:D

BhhcjnICUAExLSZ.jpg

(that emoji I added made the difference..that's how it's done. :D)

I think we’ll be hanging a new one next year!

15 hours ago, roughrider said:

How you end your season counts.  March counts.   Leon Rice says you can't judge a team by March tournament play.  They beat Loy-Chi in November.  Loy-Chi got better.  That's coaching. 

Loyola might have got better, but they started on fire including a win at Florida. Their system combined with players obviously promoted post season success.  Leon has been very unfortunate, and hit wrong team at wrong times.  At the same time he doesn’t have that final gear late in the season where you put a ton of pressure on teams with defense and offense.  Think it’s becoming more obvious that he is like a Pat Hill.  A very good coach that can’t make the final step to become great. 

37 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

Loyola might have got better, but they started on fire including a win at Florida. Their system combined with players obviously promoted post season success.  Leon has been very unfortunate, and hit wrong team at wrong times.  At the same time he doesn’t have that final gear late in the season where you put a ton of pressure on teams with defense and offense.  Think it’s becoming more obvious that he is like a Pat Hill.  A very good coach that can’t make the final step to become great. 

I think this season we are seeing a change in recruiting philosophy.  We are recruiting more length and athletes and less jump shooters.  Bold move because the way he had been recruiting guaranteed 20+ wins.   

Dear Reno and Boise fans #newmoney,

Stop fussing over every transitive property win and RPI/Kenpom/Sagarin ranking. It's small time. It's irrelevant. It's loser talk, especially after the season is over.

The formula is simple. Win games in March. Thank you.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Stop fussing over every transitive property win and RPI/Kenpom/Sagarin ranking. It's small time. It's irrelevant. It's loser talk, especially after the season is over.

Boise losing in March does not make the stupid things said by UNLV fans any less stupid.  Thanks buddy.

Thread was started by a Fresno fan.  Doubt any Boise fan would have started this thread, spring ball is here.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Call us #newmoney all you want, but we've won more tournament games this century than every team in this conference besides SDSU...

Just now, bigd said:

Call us #newmoney all you want, but we've won more tournament games this century than every team in this conference besides SDSU...

Then start acting like it.

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise losing in March does not make the stupid things said by UNLV fans any less stupid.  Thanks buddy.

Thread was started by a Fresno fan.  Doubt any Boise fan would have started this thread, spring ball is here.

Who cares who started it? You, other Bosie fans and Reno fans all jumped in to react to a 11/28 victory.  Like it means anything at all. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Please, UNLV fans STILL bring up that time Dave Rice beat UNC.

I agree that is dumb but let's not equate a #1 ranked UNC with the mighty Loyolla Chicago.

Just now, toonkee said:

I agree that is dumb but let's not equate a #1 ranked UNC with the mighty Loyolla Chicago.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Who cares who started it? You, other Bosie fans and Reno fans all jumped in to react to a 11/28 victory.  Like it means anything at all. 

That game was in 2011.  Let it go, let it go.

As for Loyola Chicago, my only comments are in regards to UNLV fans mocking that win in December when Boise fans brought it up as a quality win.  Bunch o tards.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Thanks Dad.

13 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

18?  Geez, that really isn't much of a bar.

It was a pretty high bar when he took over but putting that in a contract with no way out means your expectations for your hire are concrete and Leon's met them.   He's been in the league for 8+ years as a head man now and you'd think he would realize to take the next step he needs a more athletic roster but he doesn't change.  For the most part his formula is his formula and I think it's what we're going to see.  Problem is he didn't make it work to win the league when it was way down and not it's on it's way back up it appears.   

Complacency kills. Whether you're at the top or somewhere else.   I would love to see a contract upgrade for Leon eliminating that freebee and replacing it with 2 more years added and a nice bump in pay if you win the conference tournament or a game in the Dance.