Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

Alabama is such a weird state

One of my childhood disappointments was learning that I couldn't marry my cousin, the prettiest girl I knew.  Maybe if I had been raised 900 miles south, I wouldn't have been bound by such mores.

110926run_defense710.jpg

They voted out Trump endorsed Roy "Pervy" Moore. So there's still some hope left for Alabama. 

roy_moore_and_trump__marian_kamensky.jpeg

On 3/17/2018 at 10:47 AM, modestobulldog said:

One of my childhood disappointments was learning that I couldn't marry my cousin, the prettiest girl I knew.  Maybe if I had been raised 900 miles south, I wouldn't have been bound by such mores.

Take her to Hawaii.  You can marry your first cousin there.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, modestobulldog said:

How old were you when you were thusly disappointed?  i hope it wasn't junior prom or anything.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, RiverCityBronco said:

I can't believe the public is okay with their tax dollars being used like this.  But then again, it is Alabama. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/14/593204274/alabama-sheriff-legally-took-750-000-meant-to-feed-inmates-bought-beach-house

I doubt the public is okay with it. There were no "man on the street" interviews in that article to get the opinion of a taxpayer. Every state has weird laws on the books that most citizens would prefer to have stricken down and every state has unscrupulous politicians who are corrupt.