Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OFFICIAL POLL: Should San Jose State University remain as a member of or be expelled from the Mountain West Conference?

Should San Jose State remain as a member of the Mountain West Conference?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should San Jose State remain as a member of the Mountain West Conference?

• Yes -- San Jose State University enhances the overall image and competitive performance of the Mountain West Conference
    • No -- San Jose State University is a detriment/liability to the overall image and competitive performance of the Mountain West Conference
    • No Opinion

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2018 at 06:00 PM

Just now, MWC Tex said:

Yes...if we want to get rid of the bottom feeders, you need to kick out AF along with SJSU.

Air Force is not a bottom feeder. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

Nobody you know, I'm sure *wink wink* *secret handshake*

I was just hoping you were still logged in as @FresnoFanatic on another device and would bite on the notification. Not that I'VE done that before or anything...

#truesockconfessions

This is venturing into Steve Aztec level of creepiness.  Just embrace what you are. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Air Force is not a bottom feeder. 

Oh...but they are..especially women's sports.   AF men's basketball has always finished at the bottom of the league.  only once in the past 10 years have they made it in the middle of the conference.  They have always been around the 250 rpi range. 

4 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

Nobody you know, I'm sure *wink wink* *secret handshake*

I was just hoping you were still logged in as @FresnoFanatic on another device and would bite on the notification. Not that I'VE done that before or anything...

#truesockconfessions

Only a phucking loser would take the time to make up all those socks. LOLOLOL!!!

So as far as we can tell, Maytard's life consists of the following:

1. Stuffing his fat face as much as possible. (preferably with greasy fast food)

2. Making MWC Board sock puppets.

3. Attending SJSU softball games.

30 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Oh...but they are..especially women's sports.   AF men's basketball has always finished at the bottom of the league.  only once in the past 10 years have they made it in the middle of the conference.  They have always been around the 250 rpi range. 

Look at AFA's football. That's more than enough to keep them in and their basketball competes. SJSU is piss poor in both. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

I'm not gonna let you attack @mugtang like that.

When the mwcboard is slow, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to keep clicks up.

Better get a new VPN.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I was forced to vote yes because there's no football only option. I don't 100% agree with keeping them a full member.

SJSU needs to seriously consolidate what it has, build their football program and field the rest of their sports in a healthier, smaller league.

At the end of the day, western football teams need to stay afloat and keep the sport healthy on this side of the country...so I begrudgingly voted yes.

I'm not a fan of killing off a football team in general.

We can probably work this out with SJSU without burning any bridges too. The BYU nuclear option just makes things worse.

29 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

19 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Look at AFA's football. That's enough to keep them in. SJSU is piss poor in both. 

Not to mention the lack of competitiveness in AF olympic sports is due almost entirely to the difficulty in recruiting athletes that can meet their acdemic and other standards.  SJSU's lack of competitiveness is due to a lack of leadership, investment, ability to fundraise and a generally demoralized and/or apathetic fanbase.  Comparing AF to SJSU is like comparing apples to oranges.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So of the eight that have voted for San Jose State to remain, I'm guessing at least three of them are @#1Stunner.

I am the @MWC Tex account.  Just kidding...

But more seriously, the only sport where SJSU is even all that weak is in basketball.   They seem to do fine in the other sports.   They have won as many conference championships as Wyoming has, and Wyoming has been in the MWC since 1999.  

If SJSU had a nicer basketball facility, they'd been fine.  Their court is terrible.

And they probably should have hired a better football coach----but I think they could easily do that.  There are lots of quality coaches that would take the SJSU football coach job.

Maybe your poll should instead read, "Should the MWC facilitate SJSU transforming to "football only" in the MWC?"    That way, their football program survives (their biggest concern), and they can join the WAC for basketball, and have a much more enjoyable athletics program.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I am the @MWC Tex account.  Just kidding...

But more seriously, the only sport where SJSU is even all that weak is in basketball.   They seem to do fine in the other sports.   They have won as many conference championships as Wyoming has, and Wyoming has been in the MWC since 1999.  

If SJSU had a nicer basketball facility, they'd been fine.  Their court is terrible.

And they probably should have hired a better football coach----but I think they could easily do that.  There are lots of quality coaches that would take the SJSU football coach job.

Maybe your poll should instead read, "Should the MWC facilitate SJSU transforming to "football only" in the MWC?"    That way, their football program survives (their biggest concern), and they can join the WAC for basketball, and have a much more enjoyable athletics program.

Only basketball? They haven’t won a conference championship in football in 28 years. They also haven’t had a season above .500 in football, basketball, or baseball since joining the conference. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Only basketball? They haven’t won a conference championship in football in 28 years. They also haven’t had a season above .500 in football, basketball, or baseball since joining the conference. 

Their football isn't that bad, and it is fun to play football games in the San Jose / Bay Area.

If you could keep SJSU football, and dump their other sports in the WAC, you wouldn't take that deal?   

But you have a point....they lied about spending money to improve facilities.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Their football isn't that bad, and it is fun to play football games in the San Jose / Bay Area.

If you could keep SJSU football, and dump their other sports in the WAC, you wouldn't take that deal?   

I’d definitely be okay with that. They don’t hurt us as much on the football side. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I’d definitely be okay with that. They don’t hurt us as much on the football side. 

If the MWC approached San Jose and told them to either go along with this proposal, and voluntarily join the WAC, or else the schools would change the Bylaws and entirely kick SJSU out, that SJSU would realize it had better go along with it, and would do it.

Their football would be safe in the MWC, and they'd get to be in a conference where they can compete (the WAC or Big West).  This isn't a bad deal at all for SJSU...Hawaii is doing fine.

11 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

8 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I think that would be the most reasonable proposal.  Their football doesn’t really hurt us but their basketball program is a detriment to the conference.  I would fully support a football only deal with SJSU

Guest #1Stunner

Also, SAN JOSE fans:

Yes, the WAC is a 1-bid league, but it actually has some fun environments, and you'd have a much better chance of competing in that conference for non-football sports.

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think that would be the most reasonable proposal.  Their football doesn’t really hurt us but their basketball program is a detriment to the conference.  I would fully support a football only deal with SJSU

Agreed. And now that we have some better head coaches, they should provide an easy win towards bowl eligibility going forward. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Let this be the day, long remembered, that the #1Stunner saved Spartans Football, and brokered the "Great Compromise of 2018".