Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

Trump has fired Tillerson

President Trump has ousted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and replaced him with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, orchestrating a major change to his national security team amid delicate negotiations with North Korea, White House officials said Tuesday.

Trump last Friday asked Tillerson to step aside, and the embattled top diplomat cut short his trip to Africa on Monday to return to Washington.

Pompeo will replace him at the State Department, and Gina Hapsel — the deputy director at the CIA — will succeed him at the CIA, becoming the first woman to run the spy agency, if confirmed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-ousts-tillerson-will-replace-him-as-secretary-of-state-with-cia-chief-pompeo/2018/03/13/30f34eea-26ba-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.d3e245a3691b

Well, I was undecided on whether or not he was one of the "adults" still left in the White House, but he certainly wasn't one of the inmates, and one of the few people holding Trump back from engaging in military action in North Korea. At least he had the balls to blame Putin/Russia for the assassination attempt of a former Russian spy before he left. 

I don't see this as a good thing at all.

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-ousts-tillerson-will-replace-him-as-secretary-of-state-with-cia-chief-pompeo/2018/03/13/30f34eea-26ba-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.d3e245a3691b

Well, I was undecided on whether or not he was one of the "adults" still left in the White House, but he certainly wasn't one of the inmates, and one of the few people holding Trump back from engaging in military action in North Korea. At least he had the balls to blame Putin/Russia for the assassination attempt of a former Russian spy before he left. 

I don't see this as a good thing at all.

I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't agree with everything Tillerson did or pushed for but he seemed to be the most sane person in the room when the cabinet met. Who the fcuk is Trump going to appoint now? Who would want that job? Perhaps Sean Hannity or @Nevada Convert

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't agree with everything Tillerson did or pushed for but he seemed to be the most sane person in the room when the cabinet met. Who the fcuk is Trump going to appoint now? Who would want that job? Perhaps Sean Hannity? 

He's appointing Mike Pompeo, who is currently the CIA director. He needed someone that was already confirmed to be able to take the job over immediately, which limited his options significantly. 

Today would be the best day in the last 75 years for Putin to roll the tanks into Ukraine and the Baltics.  We have an incompetent, fact denying, Nato Hating, Russian moron in charge with no staff who knows anything.   

Posted Image

According to you liberals, we were all going to be speaking #RUSSIAN!!! because of Tillerson's oil connections with

RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!

How did that work out? It worked about as well as Trump's olive branches to the establishment. Like Tillerson.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 7.59.11 AM.png

"But on Tuesday morning, a senior administration official said that Mr. Trump decided now to replace Mr. Tillerson to have a new team in place before upcoming talks with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader he plans to meet by May. The president also wanted a new chief diplomat for various ongoing trade negotiations"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/politics/trump-tillerson-pompeo.html

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't agree with everything Tillerson did or pushed for but he seemed to be the most sane person in the room when the cabinet met. Who the fcuk is Trump going to appoint now? Who would want that job? Perhaps Sean Hannity or @Nevada Convert

I sure have been on your mind lately. 😝 You know I don't have much use for Hannity and certainly have no use for Trump as a person. So suck it, tater boy! 😜

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The latter makes sense. I’ve read there is a big feral cat population in Pyongyang. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Quick google search says South Korea actually has a YUGE problem with feral cats.  

Hmm, South Korean Ambassador job is vacant... ...we may have just the man for the job.

1 minute ago, Mano said:

So Mike Pompeo as SOS? The shit show just keeps getting worse. 

Just heard Trump say that he and Pompeo “have a similar thought process.” Oh boy.