Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Texas vs Nevada

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

@mugtang or anyone, please properly post this twitter feed. I don't tweet and I haven't a clue!

Done 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

49 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

How does one determine this? You enrolled in the ph school of fact finding? 

If you think bitching about every foul, looking like you will stroke out at any time and almost going after the ref after the SDSU game at Viejas is ok, then cheers.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:12 PM, cardrater said:

Agreed the Aztecs played the game of thier lives. And the announcers were saying they have never seen the Aztecs play with such confidence and poise the past 10 years as they did last night. The Aztecs were hot and would have steamrolled 90% of the teams that night.

And yet a couple of weeks earlier we beat UNLV 94-56.

In the second half against UNLV, the Aztecs 3 point shooting was 7-15. That is exactly the same as the first half against Nevada.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

13 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They were like 7 for 12 in this first 15 minutes and up by 25 by that point. Bricking shots later didn’t matter, the game was over.

Wide open and from 25 feet. Usually you don’t need to guard SDSU from shooting those. 

SDSU'S 2 point shooting was better than their 3 point shooting in the first half.

3 point shooting: 21 points on 15 attempts.
2 point shooting: 24 points on 16 attempts.

Aztecs also had 8 offensive rebounds versus 2 defensive rebounds (non-FT) by Nevada. Leading to 14 more points. When an opponent gets 80% of the rebounds when they miss, it is hard to end possessions.

Again, 3 point shooting accounted for only a small part of the half time lead.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

CBSSN is calling this game "Appointment TV" and the most interesting game in the round of 64 due to the clashing styles and how close the game should be. 

Honestly, I'm not expecting a lot because of how banged up we are. No Drew, guys with messed up fingers on shooting hands, Calebs injury that could blow up at any time....if I were a bookie I'd be all over Texas winning this game. Sure it helps they lose their guard, but we need some good luck IMO. 

Now as a fan, we're going to kick ass and not make the big sissy Shaka Khan look very Smart. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, MWC said:

If you think bitching about every foul, looking like you will stroke out at any time and almost going after the ref after the SDSU game at Viejas is ok, then cheers.

You are the one who said “rest of the conference but EVERYONE in the nation!” Just curious how one gathers this data. And I didn’t offer an opinion.

My take? I suppose you love or hate Muss depending on the colors you wear. It’s sorta like the Aztec’s last basketball coach. Was he a cheat or was he a misunderstood program builder? How about SDSU’s football coach? Big mouth or straight shooter?

Maybe you can poll the nation and let the board know? 

11 hours ago, MWC said:

ZERO TECHNICAL FOULS. Stay butthurt, Nancy.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

9 hours ago, AztecBill said:

And yet a couple of weeks earlier we beat UNLV 94-56.

In the second half against UNLV, the Aztecs 3 point shooting was 7-15. That is exactly the same as the first half against Nevada.

Ya I saw that game too. Don’t recall hearing anyone say that was the best SDSU played in all aspects during the UNLV game. Just admit your team had a fluke performance. It happens. 

Texas has been kind of all over the place this year. An advantage Nevada does have is they have already played two Big 12 teams this year so they kind of know probably who the play is going to go, but also I think how the refs call this game might matter more than the play on the court.