Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Utah State Fires Duryea

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I would take you more seriously if you didn’t bring up Buzz Williams the other day.

Buzz and Desiree are tight from what I heard. Wouldn't surprise me in a bit if he wanted to leave a football first school. If they could of got Cronin Buzz is possible. You are a guy who takes a rumor and makes it his own. I actually know some people around basketball.

7 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Buzz and Desiree are tight from what I heard. Wouldn't surprise me in a bit if he wanted to leave a football first school. If they could of got Cronin Buzz is possible. You are a guy who takes a rumor and makes it his own. I actually know some people around basketball.

He’s not leaving the ACC for the MW.  Mick Cronin used us as leverage.

20 hours ago, KingBronco said:

The Duryea firing suggests to me that USU admin and boosters still naively believe they can consistently compete with the top tier of the MWC. This is simply not the case. Sure USU may pull an occasional upset over a top tier MWC team, but their limitations in recruiting talent to Logan will perpetually keep them in the middle and lower tiers of MWC basketball programs.

I think this will rapidly turn into a "be careful what you wish for" situation in regard to Duryea because the Aggies could very well not see another season in which they even sniff a .500 record for the next decade, even if they are somehow able to entice a decent coach to Logan. I suspect another round of player defections is likely to occur now too. I'm guessing McEwen will probably bail for a power conference team and Merrill will transfer to either Utah or BYU.

This is pretty hilarious stuff, I'm assuming bsu is not considered the top of the mwc?

5b5099e8aa03b29470de771c4b1727b8.png

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I went there.  I guess you missed my post about how you shouldn’t root for a school if you didn’t go there.

Well I actually have a job and responsibility. I am sorry I should be constantly looking for your updates.

21 hours ago, KingBronco said:

The Duryea firing suggests to me that USU admin and boosters still naively believe they can consistently compete with the top tier of the MWC. This is simply not the case. Sure USU may pull an occasional upset over a top tier MWC team, but their limitations in recruiting talent to Logan will perpetually keep them in the middle and lower tiers of MWC basketball programs.

I think this will rapidly turn into a "be careful what you wish for" situation in regard to Duryea because the Aggies could very well not see another season in which they even sniff a .500 record for the next decade, even if they are somehow able to entice a decent coach to Logan. I suspect another round of player defections is likely to occur now too. I'm guessing McEwen will probably bail for a power conference team and Merrill will transfer to either Utah or BYU.

tumblr_o8sf62fvMV1re6c9lo1_500.gif

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

8 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Not sure if serious attempt at sentences complaining about other posters' intelligence or not..... 

Oh look out for the grammar police.  I blame myself for not proof reading and fixing my phone's auto-correct bull shit.

12 hours ago, rebelcuff said:

This is from wikipedia, "At Virginia Tech, Williams negotiated an incentive-laden deal that includes several perks outside of his starting annual salary of $2.3 million, most notably a rollover clause, a minimal — and one-sided — buyout provision after three years, the creation of new staff positions and the ability to earn additional ...May 21, 2014"

Not sure UNLV could get the money together to get Buzz.  You're talking about leaving the ACC for the MWC.  You can't just pay him the same.  You'd have to go up to 3-4 million a year.  No way we could pull that off. 

15 hours ago, BigBlueFan said:

Oh look out for the grammar police.  I blame myself for not proof reading and fixing my phone's auto-correct bull shit.

I had to give you just a little shit. Welcome to mwboard.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.