Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Utah State Fires Duryea

18 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Randy Rahe would be a solid hire IMO, or I wonder if Tommy Conner will get a look?

Tommy was offered the job last time. Depending on who you believe, he actually accepted and backed out. I doubt USU goes down that road again. 

46 minutes ago, cosinama said:

That would be quite a turn. He has quite a history with Aggie fans. Those were good times. 

I’ll kick the shit out of you, pussy. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

What a weird move considering that whole roster comes back and they just finished pretty strong by ruining Boise's season.

Must have been made weeks or even months ago.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

7 minutes ago, sebasour said:

How's USU's budget? Landing a former P5 guy won't be cheap

They went on the cheap with Duryea, but rumor is they’ll be willing to pay close to what Stew made (750 k) for the new guy. You just can’t win on the cheap any longer. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

They went on the cheap with Duryea, but rumor is they’ll be willing to pay close to what Stew made (750 k) for the new guy. You just can’t win on the cheap any longer. 

Fox's buyout is 1.2 million over 2 years. USU would probably have to match or come really close to that for him. It's possible

21 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Do the Aggies take a chance on Randy Rahe or Mark Pope or so they take the safe choice in proven Logan program builder Larry Eustachy? 

I don’t think Rahe gets any serious consideration. Pope would be interesting. He seems to have potential. LE built the program from scratch after taking over a four win team, but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since those days. He’s one of the rare bread that is a nice drunk, but a mean teetoddler.

8 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Whoever you hire, I hope you can hang on to Merill and McEwen. That's tough when you fire a coach though

Going to be hard to keep both. Merrill is more likely to stay than McEwen, IMO.

Wonder how many USU players will now look to leave - Aggies have a nice guard tandem in McEwen & Merrill, would be a shame to see the program decimated by players transferring out .......similar to UNLV following the ousting Dave Rice 

I'm happy the AD made this move.   It's not easy letting someone go who has been in Logan for so long.   But unfortunately for Tim, it's the best move for the future of the program.