Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1_FoKuZ

Game Thread: Mountain West Championship #3 New Mexico vs #5 San Diego State

2 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Sorry loobs but, I’m rooting for the Aztecs.  They seem to be playing some of their best basketball as of late and I would like to see them in NCAA tournament.  Go Aztecs.

I meant go Lobos.

1 minute ago, NWRebel said:

I meant go Lobos.

You may want to switch that back....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Mentioned this in UNLV's thread.  Lunardi has UNM is his bracket currently.  Nevada and UNM so he's thinking the Lobos are going to win.  Hmmmm

Autobid shows to highest remaining seed. Not a prediction of who will win. 

6 hours ago, Love the Knight Life said:

Your skank mom says that all the time!

My mom died in 2008, but thanks for playing.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I like UNM's energy and defense. Need to bury a ton of threes to overcome length and talent deficits. 

If the Lobos don't get into foul trouble I think they will have a chance to pull this one out.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

I like this pace for UNM, but you can tell SDSU's perimeter speed and length are bothering our guards. Have to make Pope handle the ball and hit contested jumpers. If he keeps getting uncontested lobs at the rim, it's going to be difficult to contain him.

Great half. Great crowd. Both teams playing physically and hard on national television. This is good for the conference. 

Great game.  Lobos-Aztecs showing plenty of heart and discipline.  Maluach needs to get going, may be the X-factor.  Simmons is fricking fearless, needs to get the ball a bit more.  Kuiper needs to step up and finish strong, 5 point turnaround because he didn't go strong to the basket.  In this game, you go strong or dish, no bailouts on sissy running hooks on a fast break.

Nevada may be bumped out.  Getting ripped by SDSU on national tv with a short bench made shorter by a key injury is not a recipe for a mid major getting an at large.  

8 minutes ago, mikexom said:

Great game.  Lobos-Aztecs showing plenty of heart and discipline.  Maluach needs to get going, may be the X-factor.  Simmons is fricking fearless, needs to get the ball a bit more.  Kuiper needs to step up and finish strong, 5 point turnaround because he didn't go strong to the basket.  In this game, you go strong or dish, no bailouts on sissy running hooks on a fast break.

Kuiper was twitchy in high school and consistently finished  above the rim. Not really sure if it's past injuries, the competition levels, or both, but he seems a lot less explosive. He absolutely needed to finish that drive. 

Kuiper lack of confidence in his outside shot has crept into the rest of his game.  He needs to let go, take Troy as a role model and go.... he plays like Craig Neal is on the sideline.  I hope we get the chance to see Maluach after 2-3 years of playing for Weir

3 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

I watch this game and can’t help but think UNLV got the worse New Mexico State Coach. Weir is great

Couldn’t agree more. Can’t wait to see how he does with a few recruiting classes under his belt.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.