Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrysis

#1 Nevada vs #5 San Diego State

48 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Right or wrong, I think he was trying to keep Nevada in the tournament. I’m totally guessing, but he had to have been worried what a 40-point beatdown would’ve looked like to the committee. Remember, there is no bench other than walk-ons, and you put them in they get crushed

He was doing this down by 25 with the Aztecs 2nd string in and 5 minutes to go.  The Aztecs has no interest in running up the score and wanted to rest everyone for tomorrow. It was bush, nothing else.

Nevada is a lock, but after tonight, they'll get a 9 seed, back East, in the toughest bracket. 

11 minutes ago, westfan said:

You are wrong and I usually like your posts, tonight you sound like chicken little.

I am happy to be wrong..I am not good at trusting the NCAA though..SDSU got badly hosed a few years back after a 16 and 2 season..We shouldn't just assume it won't happen again..

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I am happy to be wrong..I am not good at trusting the NCAA though..SDSU got badly hosed a few years back after a 16 and 2 season..We shouldn't just assume it won't happen again..

SDSU had a terrible resume that year and the conference they dirt rolled was dreadful. We’re fine.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

A lot of class by Reno in here.

I don't think those of you who are concerned (about an at-large) have anything to worry about. However, I do think you risk a dreaded 8-9 seed. With some good fortune, you'll be a hi-8-9 and get to play here on the Mesa in familiar digs (as I am hoping we're cutting down nets tomorrow and get rewarded with a trip to the Taco).

I also think Musselman's tactics at the end were bush league - I get the reasoning I'm reading on here, but the L was set in stone and all he did was risk further injury to both his roster and our own.

Congrats on a good season Reno, and here's to getting a shot at making some noise with a healthy roster (-Drew) in another week.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

You have a far far far better team than Nevada but ripping on Muss for playing hard until the end is weak sauce..I am sure you would hope your players kept playing hard were the situation reversed.

He had them "playing hard" like kamikaze pilots "flew hard."

As has been posted, we had taken the foot off your throat the gas. All Muss did was needlessly risk injury to both squads. Or do you really think the differnece between a 24 pt and 17 pt loss is what will keep you out of the tournament?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I would have been exceedingly pissed had Muss just quit on his team and his fans like that..The game is 40 minutes long..You gotta play it out.  Because your coach wanted a massacre instead of a nice win he kept his starters in for a long time..He brought them back in when the Pack had a tiny little run..I don't blame him..He wanted to step on Nevada's neck and embarrass them..That's cool..We ain't playing intramurals here, people.