Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

#3 New Mexico #6 Wyoming

Just now, SLCPoke said:

Tangled up and a little hold by Mathis and a shove by Adams. not a T. 

3 weeks ago that was a T.  I definitely like tourney ball better.

This has been a truly enjoyable season to watch. UNM has being playing with house money all year long and it's great to see all of these kids develop and play together as a team. Two more to the tourney. I suspect a lot more drunken Lobo fans will be flying in and showing up tomorrow. 

Lobos did not fold down the stretch.  I never felt like the game was in hand till the pokes turned it over with 28 seconds left. Another exciting MWC tourney game.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Welp.  That went exactly how I expected it to.  

Good game Lobos.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Long Beach State 6 years ago was the last time we won a truly do or die game. It feels good

Good game Pokes, I hope you end up in a postseason tourney 

That Long Beach State team was really tough, too. One of the best teams we played all year that season.

Good game, Wyoming. You have a solid team and to beat you guys 3 times this year was a really good accomplishment for us. You absolutely deserve NIT but of course won't get it because of MWC. Good luck in future games because I think you all will be playing deep into March. 

Good game Wyoming. Never felt the game was won until late. You took every Lobo punch and punched right back. Not sure if it was tired legs there at the end or what for Wyoming, but hell of a fight. Good luck moving forward. 

1 hour ago, SLCPoke said:

Wyo matches up poorly with New Mexico. Weir is playing the brand that Edwards wants to but doesn’t have all of the horses yet. 

Weir is playing the brand runnin' rebel fans want..congrats to the lobos.