Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

#1 Nevada vs #8 UNLV

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

Have seen that from a variety of players, it does make you wonder what gets into them for those one game or a couple of games and why they can't do it more often

UNLV totally inconsistent all season - not sure why?!?! 

On to next year and hopefully a more solid foundation 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV totally inconsistent all season - not sure why?!?! 

On to next year and hopefully a more solid foundation 

Could be they all couldn't get all on the same page for long period of times. Menzies didn't have much to work with when he was hired and still adjusting all those things but I do think UNLV is going in the right direction. They do have some of the right tools. 

I think MWC is going to be better next year as whole as well.

Hope McCoy returns for another season. An experienced frontcourt would help alleviate the pressure of an inexperienced backcourt. I know Robotham is coming in but who knows how he will pan out. 

Congrats Nevada you deserve the win. But you guys better practice getting used to contact because you won't get those chippy fouls in the big dance. That's why every game there are like 8 players in foul trouble. This conference and the west coast calls it way too soft. That's why our teams get hammered in the big dance. Not the phantom and 1 call with Caleb Martin and McCoy.

10 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Congrats Nevada you deserve the win. But you guys better practice getting used to contact because you won't get those chippy fouls in the big dance. That's why every game there are like 8 players in foul trouble. This conference and the west coast calls it way too soft. That's why our teams get hammered in the big dance. Not the phantom and 1 call with Caleb Martin and McCoy.

I think that might actually benefit us as we can't afford to have players in foul trouble.

20 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I couldn’t agree with this more.  I hate the way west coast basketball is officiated.  It becomes an issue when we play in the tournament as we (MWC schools) are used to getting calls that we don’t. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

I couldn’t agree with this more.  I hate the way west coast basketball is officiated.  It becomes an issue when we play in the tournament as we (MWC schools) are used to getting calls that we don’t. 

The team that benefited the most from this was that New Mexico team a few years back. They got the majority of their points from the line. What happened was a first round exit.

Just now, rebelcuff said:

The team that benefited the most from this was that New Mexico team a few years back. They got the majority of their points from the line. What happened was a first round exit.

Was that the 3 seed year?   

This is something @4UNLV and I have discussed in the past.  It needs to change. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

35 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Hope McCoy returns for another season. An experienced frontcourt would help alleviate the pressure of an inexperienced backcourt. I know Robotham is coming in but who knows how he will pan out. 

Robotham is the winningest player in Bishop Gorman history.  That actually means something, and he will be just fine.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

:facepalm:

:shots:

I imagine this is how you rebel fans feel seeing that:

91CE2C99-CD1C-4177-8275-3FCE0FFAC4BC.gif

41 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I know he has the measurables and all but I just cannot see how this year improved his stock. Lots of questions about his effort and bball IQ

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman