Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Victor Maitlin

Any Fans of Real College Hockey Here?

38 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I think college hockey has lost some of its luster with all of the changes in the past decade. Even North Dakota isn't the same anymore.

I haven't enjoyed the realignment but the overall level of play has steadily increased over the past decade.  Much of the increase in NCAA hockey talent I think can be attributed to USHL growth and player development.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:00 PM, Victor Maitlin said:

And I don't mean b.s. club teams that have as much to do with NCAA sports as the Quidditch team.  ECAC, Hockey East and the Big Ten are halfway through their tournaments.  The NCHA starts a single elimination tournament later this week.  Six teams (St. Cloud, Notre Dame, Cornell, Ohio State, Denver and Minnesota State) are fighting for the four #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament.  Some bluebloods like Minnesota, Providence, Boston College and North Dakota are on the bubble for the tournament.  The coming weekend might be the best all year for the sport.

I think this tourney will be St. Cloud's to lose. They are pretty good this year. Preseason favorites DU are a good bet to repeat, too.

I almost went to either BC or BU so aside from UAA I follow them. This year's Beanpot was a great tourney (as it usually is) and it was nice to see Northeastern snap their streak of some 30 years. There's either parity in HE or they just aren't that good. BC will put up a fight, but not much else.

14 minutes ago, AKram said:

I think this tourney will be St. Cloud's to lose. They are pretty good this year. Preseason favorites DU are a good bet to repeat, too.

I almost went to either BC or BU so aside from UAA I follow them. This year's Beanpot was a great tourney (as it usually is) and it was nice to see Northeastern snap their streak of some 30 years. There's either parity in HE or they just aren't that good. BC will put up a fight, but not much else.

I think Ohio State is the sleeper.  They score a ton of goals, have solid defense and the best power play kill in the country.  If their goalie gets hot, I can definitely see them winning the whole thing.  If they win the B1G tournament, they'll go in as 1 seed.  If not, then the domers will get the one, and they'll get the top 2 seed.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

I haven't looked at any of the other tournaments yet.  In the Big Ten, however, the scissor lift killers beat the pedophile enabler cultists, 3-2 with the deciding goal in the third.  In the other semi, THE Ohio State University went to overtime with Michigan, came out in OT and went in dry with the winning goal thirty seconds in.  Obligatory happy Woody pic.

woodystoriesandquotes15.jpg

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.