Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State 2019 Recruiting

Boise in the top - 4 for 4****, 6th ranked pro style QB, and 170th ranked overall player. Interesting to note that a Gopher Insider just changed crystal ball prediction from Minnesota to Boise. 

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Hank-Bachmeier-focusing-on-Cal-Boise-State-Oregon-State-and-Minnesota-115635203

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise in the top - 4 for 4****, 6th ranked pro style QB, and 170th ranked overall player. Interesting to note that a Gopher Insider just changed crystal ball prediction from Minnesota to Boise. 

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Hank-Bachmeier-focusing-on-Cal-Boise-State-Oregon-State-and-Minnesota-115635203

We are in as early favorites for some major talent.

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We are in as early favorites for some major talent.

There are many Harsin haters in Bronco Nation, but there is no question he is bringing in better talent than any previous coach. 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, kingpotato said:

Good times!

We definitely need to keep stacking QB talent!

I'll be the first one to eat dirt for my own bitching about Harsin, given his recruiting and on field performance...

New-Signature.jpg

On 3/3/2018 at 1:06 PM, kingpotato said:

There are many Harsin haters in Bronco Nation, but there is no question he is bringing in better talent than any previous coach. 

Harsin the recruiter is better than we've ever had. Harsin the coach? He's alright, but I wouldn't be hurt if he got poached eventually.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

22 minutes ago, teappotts said:

Harsin the recruiter is better than we've ever had. Harsin the coach? He's alright, but I wouldn't be hurt if he got poached eventually.

I think he is a good coach, but we also were spoiled with not only Pete, but Kellen. Pete's teams were not great when he had Tharp, Southwick, and Hedrick at the helm. 

43 minutes ago, teappotts said:

He is getting better. 

Just being able to work with his staff is a huge improvement. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 3/6/2018 at 3:36 PM, RogueStout said:

He is getting better. 

He is learning to play with others like never before and it sure helps to have 2 coordinators that know what they're doing.  Like Petersen, he's best with 2 really good coordinators and he's got them now. 

On 3/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, RogueStout said:

He is getting better. 

This is how I view it as well. I believe Harsin made significant progress as a head coach last year. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise lands it's first commit in the '19 class. TE Alec Pell out of Colorado. Boise doesn't typically recruit CO much. Good get. Offers from Cal, Iowa State, AFA, CSU, Wyo, and a bunch of Ivy League schools.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Alec-Pell-113872/RecruitInterests

Good length and athleticism.  Got to love those kids with Ivy offers.

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise lands it's first commit in the '19 class. TE Alec Pell out of Colorado. Boise doesn't typically recruit CO much. Good get. Offers from Cal, Iowa State, AFA, CSU, Wyo, and a bunch of Ivy League schools.

TE? He plays rb and lb in highschool and we recruited him to play the STUD position. He's an LVE clone size wise, hopefully he can be half as good on the field. 

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound prospect has starred on both sides of the ball in high school but said the Broncos view him at linebacker in college. He visited the likes of Air Force, Colorado State, Iowa State and Kansas State during the process and also had a visit to California planned for next week that has been canceled.

Boise State assistants Andy Avalos and Spencer Danielson, according to Pell, view him as a versatile defender that could fill the "stud" position due to his ability to rush the passer and drop back in coverage. Pell was also credited with 617 rushing yards and six touchdowns on 109 carries in 12 games as a junior last season.  

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/College-Football-Recruiting-Cherry-Creek-three-star-linebacker-Alec-Pell-breaks-down-commitment-to-Boise-State-Broncos-117407730

1 minute ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

TE? I plays rb and lb in highschool and we recruited him to play the STUD position. He's an LVE clone size wise, hopefully he can be half as good on the field. 

His profile said TE. The article wasn't written yet. He's coming to Boise as an OLB, possibly the STUD position. Looks like his teammate has us as one of his favorites, as well. 6'7" OT with offers from Okie Light, Wazzu, Arizona State, and Utah.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

His profile said TE. The article wasn't written yet. He's coming to Boise as an OLB, possibly the STUD position. Looks like his teammate has us as one of his favorites, as well. 6'7" OT with offers from Okie Light, Wazzu, Arizona State, and Utah.

I wonder if that's a typo. The article doesn't mention TE at all. Let's land his teammate too!

7 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I wonder if that's a typo. The article doesn't mention TE at all. Let's land his teammate too!

Doesn't really matter. They change positions often once they get to college. Sometimes even after they've been in college a few years. Obviously this kid is an athlete. They'll find a place for him.

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

@LoFasZz -- is this kid just throw away trash that CSU didn't want anyway? 

Believe it or not, there's a running back in f'ing Declo who Boise State is really high on. Would make Jack Simplot proud.

24 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Believe it or not, there's a running back in f'ing Declo who Boise State is really high on. Would make Jack Simplot proud.

Keegan Duncan. Boise has been in him since his SO year. He seems like the next in line to go from small town Idaho and use Boise State as a springboard to the NFL, ala LVE, Matt Paradis, Shea McClellan, and Korey Hall.