Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State 2019 Recruiting

8 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I wonder if they've considered moving Hopper over to lb? His brother is one that just signed with Florida and he's kinda buried on the tight end depth chart. 

He RSed... who knows where he is in the depth chart? But I'd assume, like most FR, he'll likely have to work his way up. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

He RSed... who knows she he is in the depth chart? But I'd assume, like most FR, he'll likely have to work his way up. 

Well, we just signed the juco kid, so they mustn't have been too pleased with him during his redshirt year, plus Bates, Collingham and Pistone are all  returning, so right now he's 5th on the depth chart. 

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He RSed... who knows she he is in the depth chart? But I'd assume, like most FR, he'll likely have to work his way up. 

1 minute ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Well, we just signed the juco kid, so they mustn't have been too pleased with him during his redshirt year, plus Bates, Collingham and Pistone are all  returning, so right now he's 5th on the depth chart. 

Yep, super deep with upper classmen. That TE was also the #1 rated TE and highest rated JC player Boise has ever signed. I'd imagine it wouldn't matter what position he played, the coaches woulda taken him. 

Just now, kingpotato said:

Yep, super deep with upper classmen. That TE was also the #1 rated TE and highest rated JC player Boise has ever signed. I'd imagine it wouldn't matter what position he played, the coaches woulda taken him. 

Exactly, that's why I think the staff should at least give Hooper a look-see at lb. We're super thin there, he and his bro played it in high school and his buried on the depth chart at tight end. 

On 1/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

6th - Ramseyer got in 1 game - so I’d have him above too. Could be injuries or something too holding guys out. TE is a tough position to stay healthy at.

Be forewarned, we offered this kid conditionally provided he passed a certain number of classes in the Fall, because without doing so, he'd have an even tougher uphill climb academically in the Spring. He didn't meet those requirements, so we pulled the offer when we saw his Fall semester grades. He's painting as he de-committed.

Anyway, super talented player, but there was a reason we were his only D-1 offer.

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:
Anyway, super talented player, but there was a reason we were his only D-1 offer.

Seems like the first signing they went after "Our-Kinda-Guys" (to steal a phrase from coach Pete).  For the February signing, it seems like they are taking some more chances on guys that might have some character flaws. (just my opinion)

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Seems like the first signing they went after "Our-Kinda-Guys" (to steal a phrase from coach Pete).  For the February signing, it seems like they are taking some more chances on guys that might have some character flaws. (just my opinion)

Could also have something to do with the recent attrition the broncos have gone through at LB. 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:40 AM, BSU fan in Columbus said:

All the recent crystal ball predictions seem to be heading to Boise State for Langi. DK just committed. Langi would be huge. 

47 minutes ago, BSU fan in Columbus said:

has BSU ever had a top 40 recruiting class.if we start recruiting top 40 level every year from now on mwc and mountain division titles and ny 6 bowls yearly good odds?

Top-50, but not top-40. It'll be hard this year because the class won't be very big, but if it were a regular sized class they'd have a good shot at it.