Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State 2019 Recruiting

14 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Some B12 and SEC offers, not bad. Gone are the days of going head to head with G5 schools for recruits. 

I do wonder if losing our DL coach will effect the guys he was responsible for.

He recruited Callahan and Bagnah. They are the only two commits Boise has that don't have any P5 offers. Neither would seem to be a USC level recruit. Boise is, by far, their best offer in both cases. I'd by surprised if either left... and if they did, I'm sure they could replace them fairly easily. 

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Question...

How much does losing Chad Kauha'aha'a effect recruiting?

It shouldn't. His two commits are two of the lowest rated in this class. The average would actually go up if they de-committed. Neither had all that great of offers and don't look to be USC level kids.

47 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It shouldn't. His two commits are two of the lowest rated in this class. The average would actually go up if they de-committed. Neither had all that great of offers and don't look to be USC level kids.

True, but that Bagnah kid is LEGIT.  Honestly one of the more exciting prospects in this class which is saying something.  If he played in California or Florida instead of Canada he would be a 4 star.  He is already physically ready to compete at this level.  Raw with lots of size and speed.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

True, but that Bagnah kid is LEGIT.  Honestly one of the more exciting prospects in this class which is saying something.  If he played in California or Florida instead of Canada he would be a 4 star.  He is already physically ready to compete at this level.  Raw with lots of size and speed.

Oh, I like em. Boise has done really well with Canucks. Don't want to lose either of them, but it would hardly break the class. 

1 hour ago, Bronco22 said:

Has anybody heard anything about the silent commits? I wish they would at least give out the area code or something! Dammit!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they just wait and do a signing day announcement get together. 

29 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Didn’t realize Reed was committed to Baylor and Texas Tech at one point.

That was one of the other ones that many thought was a silent commit. Good get at a position of need. He could play right away. CB is one of the few positions on the team next year that looks a little thin. 

Such a monster class. Adding up all of the P5 beats so far, it looks like this:

Georgia
Michigan State
Arkansas
UCLA (2)
Oregon (3)
Boston College (2)
Cal (3)
Colorado (2)
Indiana (2)
Ole MIss
Oregon State (5)
Tennessee
Utah (5)
Vanderbilt (3)
Wazzu (4)
Arizona (2)
Louisville 
Arizona State (3)
Virginia 
Iowa State (2)
Purdue (2)
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas State
Illinois

That's insane for a class that isn't even finished yet.