Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State 2019 Recruiting

I hope the Broncos can land Duncan.  He's close to 6'3" if he isn't there and he ran sub 11 second 100M multiple times as a sophomore.  

I bet he projects to OLB/Safety type in D1 ball.  I've never seen him play but I know someone well who has twice.  Said it wasn't fair at all for 2A schools to have to play against him.   Smart kid too, Stanford has been sniffing around quite a bit. 

15 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I hope the Broncos can land Duncan.  He's close to 6'3" if he isn't there and he ran sub 11 second 100M multiple times as a sophomore.  

I bet he projects to OLB/Safety type in D1 ball.  I've never seen him play but I know someone well who has twice.  Said it wasn't fair at all for 2A schools to have to play against him.   Smart kid too, Stanford has been sniffing around quite a bit. 

Yeah, he's a freak athlete. I would assume he projects somewhere on the defensive side of the ball, as well. 

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@LoFasZz -- is this kid just throw away trash that CSU didn't want anyway? 

Well we know that many things CSU views as trash is really what's desirable.  For instance, last year when CSU was up 28-3 on Boise State the Rams viewed a win as garbage then simply threw it away.  

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, roughrider said:

Said it wasn't fair at all for 2A schools to have to play against him.   

He once had 500 yards and 7 touchdowns in a game.  (and had 3 touchdowns called back that would have put him over the 700 yard mark). Would be huge if we get him to stay in state.  I bet he'll be close to a 4* by the time this season is done.  10.94 second 100m is very fast for a dude that big. Especially for a HS sophomore - only 205 sophomores in the entire country ran a faster time last year.

Concensus 4**** Athlete Casey Kline "loved" Boise on his visit. Looks like he'd be play the STUD on the Blue. Getting a composite .90+ rated recruit is pretty rare. I believe that Rypien and DSG have been the only two in the MW since the Broncos joined.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Four-star-ATH-Casey-Kline-taking-time-through-recruiting-process-117621874

Boise adds graduate transfer and 1st-team all Sun-Belt linebacker Tony Lashley to it's 2018 class. Had 105 tackles in 2016 and 122 tackles in 2017 (19th in FBS).  Averaged just slightly more tackles per game (10.17) than LVE did for the Broncos last season (10.07). Lashley is a Kansas City native and will compete to fill the role left behind at WLB with LVE leaving for the NFL.

Does this make Idaho our JC now?!?!

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise adds graduate transfer and 1st-team all Sun-Belt linebacker Tony Lashley to it's 2018 class. Had 105 tackles in 2016 and 122 tackles in 2017 (19th in FBS).  Averaged just slightly more tackles per game (10.17) than LVE did for the Broncos last season (10.07). Lashley is a Kansas City native and will compete to fill the role left behind at WLB with LVE leaving for the NFL.

Does this make Idaho our JC now?!?!

That's a really good get. I wasn't worried about the LB's in the least, but LVE did leave early and Boyd left the program so this adds depth at the very least and with the numbers he put up he could be one of the, if not the, best LB on the team. Obviously a lot of tackles, but also 14 TFL, 19 QB hurries, he was 4th in the country in tackles of 2 yard gains or less, blocked 3 punts, and recovered 4 fumbles. He also adds some meat to a fairly undersized LBing crew. It's a really surprising get and should bolster what should be a very, very good defense.

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/boise-state-adds-vandals-leading-tackler-tony-lashley-as-graduate/article_1d6afe53-a978-5ec8-b0ea-e2eef10a35df.html

A couple of 4**** Boise prospects have had some crystal ball shifts. 

QB Hank Bachmeier seems to be trending recently to Minnesota. His last three predictions have him going there, but he still lists Boise as one of his favorites.

Ath Casey Kline seems to be trending towards Boise. He used to be a 100% UCLA pick, but now is a 67% in favor of Boise, so I'm guessing all of the most recent picks have him coming to Boise.

12 hours ago, Fowl said:

I could be off here but I think our own @dshawfan might be one of Kline's coaches...

I was until I joined the FFCA  this past December. Good kid, not sure where he's leaning, but I do see Fresno St on campus this morning.

5 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

I was until I joined the FFCA  this past December. Good kid, not sure where he's leaning, but I do see Fresno St on campus this morning.

He is Boise bound.  Huffman crystal balled him to Boise and Huffman has only ever missed one crystal ball prediction.  Kline is just waiting for the right moment to announce he is going to be a Bronco.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He is Boise bound.  Huffman crystal balled him to Boise and Huffman has only ever missed one crystal ball prediction.  Kline is just waiting for the right moment to announce he is going to be a Bronco.

That would be a really big early get and would kick start the recruiting season. 

On 5/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, dshawfan said:

Sorry to hear that.  You have a very good football mind.  Hope you don't hang up your whistle for good.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, Fowl said:

Sorry to hear that.  You have a very good football mind.  Hope you don't hang up your whistle for good.

17 years of coaching HS FB and Baseball; missed two of my daughters growing up, always at a practice or game; think I'll take a year off and enjoy my youngest daughter's last year of HS. I was very fortunate to be taught both games by very good coaches; lots of fond memories. 

On 5/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I believe that Huffman is also the top UCLA predictor as well. So him predicting Boise State over UCLA becomes even more significant.

1 hour ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I believe that Huffman is also the top UCLA predictor as well. So him predicting Boise State over UCLA becomes even more significant.

He would be one of the highest rated recruits Boise has gotten. Without looking, I think only Rypien and DSG had a +.90 composite.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He would be one of the highest rated recruits Boise has gotten. Without looking, I think only Rypien and DSG had a +.90 composite.

Correct.  He would be the third +90 and top 300 Boise has signed.