Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

OT - Boise fastest growing city in the country

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Sawtooths have gotten really crowded.  You need multi day hikes to really get away from it all anymore.  It is crowded by Idaho standards though, so still not bad at all by Colorado, Oregon or Washington standards.

Do everything you can to keep them away.  The mountains within 2-3 hours of Denver are +++++ing horrendous (and literally getting worse by the minute).  If I lived in Idaho, I'd be so pissed at these publications advertising it's greatness to every central and eastern time zone dweller (and cough, cough Californian).

1 minute ago, HiCountryCowboy said:

Do everything you can to keep them away.  The mountains within 2-3 hours of Denver are +++++ing horrendous (and literally getting worse by the minute).  If I lived in Idaho, I'd be so pissed at these publications advertising it's greatness to every central and eastern time zone dweller (and cough, cough Californian).

Impossible unfortunately.  The growth is good for Boise so it is a mixed bag.  Stanley will continue to get more crowded but the sawtooth wilderness is pretty dang big and 98% of the people who are swarming it will not hike more than 10 miles in.

The population of Boise could double though and the Frank Church would remain pristine and empty.

10 minutes ago, HiCountryCowboy said:

I remember parks and roads around the Las Vegas area were open and there weren't a lot of people back when the LV area was 400,000 to 500,000 populations - Even the road to Kingman AZ and on to Phoenix weren't packed with cars.........now with 2.1 million in the area you can't get in Red Rock, or up to Mt. Charleston or Valley of Fire without sitting in a line of cars 

29 minutes ago, HiCountryCowboy said:

Exactly

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Those articles about Boise really should mention the fact that everyone can carry a concealed semi auto pistol here without a permit. Its the truth, and would scare the living shet out of the liberals thinking about moving here.  Especially the Semi Auto part. 

Idaho is a great state, just not so much if you are liberal. The Democratic party has like zero power here, which is why it's so affordable to live here. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

20 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Exactly

The good news is the places that take just a little bit more effort will continue to be open and fairly empty.  Like the Frank Church or any one of thousands of high mountain lakes.  It is the McCall's, Garden Valleys and Stanleys that will get hit.  But even the Sawtooth wilderness is mostly empty once you get passed the day or overnight hiking trips.

It is a double edged sword, the population growth is good for Boise but I really hate people.

14 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Those articles about Boise really should mention the fact that everyone can carry a concealed semi auto pistol here without a permit. Its the truth, and would scare the living shet out of the liberals thinking about moving here.  Especially the Semi Auto part. 

Idaho is a great state, just not so much if you are liberal. The Democratic party has like zero power here, which is why it's so affordable to live here. 

I tend to lean to the libertarian right and this place is waaay to conservative to me.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The good news is the places that take just a little bit more effort will continue to be open and fairly empty.  Like the Frank Church or any one of thousands of high mountain lakes.  It is the McCall's, Garden Valleys and Stanleys that will get hit.  But even the Sawtooth wilderness is mostly empty once you get passed the day or overnight hiking trips.

It is a double edged sword, the population growth is good for Boise but I really hate people.

It is what it is. 20 years ago it was a lot less crowded.  20 years from now It is gonna be a lot worse than it is now.  The wilderness in Idaho will be ok though.  Especially when it's not summer  

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

34 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

North Idaho agrees with you !

DXVl06pWsAEt3k_.jpg

53 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

The ways one can attach a variety of full sized flags to ones pickup are astounding here in the gem state.   

Posted Image

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I tend to lean to the libertarian right and this place is waaay to conservative to me.

I lean both left and right. Depends on the topic. I have a strong faith in God, but believe in total separation of church and state, because I think God wants free will, not people following orders. So, the total right wing nuts don't have a place at their tables for me. 

I believe in taking care of the poor, laws to enforce human rights, keeping corporations honest, but the total left wing nuts spend too much damn money and put up too few actual results, so the Left has no place at their table for me. 

So when someone asks if I'm Democrat or Republican, my answer is always "yes". 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

10 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

Boise and the other urban areas as well as the resort areas are largely controlled by Democrats/liberals. Outside of those areas it is extremely conservative, and in most cases religiously conservative.  I have a slight lean to the left politically and I love living in Boise and Idaho.  But I grew up here. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

19 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Yeah I saw the satellite campus/classrooms for the University of Idaho in Boise. What’s that all about??

Idaho and ISU both have satellite campuses here.

It is great for people who live in the state’s  largest city and want to continue their education in areas Boise State doesn’t cover.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

11 hours ago, poke em said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, I'm aware. To be honest, most of the things in this thread I do very little of. I don't hunt or fish. I camp fairly rarely and have learned that I prefer yurts or cabins when I go to the hills. I don't do anything more than day hikes. My outdoors is tele skiing, mountain biking, river surfing, and whitewater. All of those, it doesn't bother me when there are people. I have a flexible schedule so I can do those any day if I don't want lines. Fact is, I really enjoy the company of people... which seems to be an unpopular sentiment these days. I'm an avid foodie, I love downtown life, I love being around big groups of people, I love events, I love shows (all kinds). These all get better with more people.

18 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I actually live in northern NM, Albuquerque is too warm and big of a city to my liking. Truth be told my wife and I looked into moving to Boise as we like the cooler temps, snow, and are used to the grey of winter. We decided now is not the time but it still could be a possibility.

It's a great town. I love showing people the area. If you're ever up here, hit me up and I'll show you two around.