Guest #1Stunner

Idaho Falls Events Center -- Progress Update

Guest #1Stunner

This is a progress report for the Idaho Falls Events Center---home to a future neutral site basketball game between Boise and BYU.

The vision would be BYU and Boise playing every year in basketball, in a H-H-N (Idaho Falls) rotation.

Anyway, they just hired Chip Scott (a big dog in Idaho) to take over this project.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/idaho-falls/new-idaho-falls-auditorium-district-executive-director-brings-new-ideas/706572099

25790976_1695598350463427_69364661296552

Guest #1Stunner

Game between BYU and BOISE would be billed: 

"The Ice Cream War, presented by Reed's Dairy"

Each team would get to choose their favorite flavor (theme) ice cream for the upcoming season.  (I'm assuming that Boise would choose alcohol themed flavors).

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Idaho Falls is an LDS enclave so I'm sure a BYU-Boise game would easily sell out.  Im not sure how "neutral" it would be.

Idaho Falls Metro Area, is the second largest Metro Area in the State of Idaho, after Boise.   

It is apparently, currently split along BYU and BOISE lines.  Both schools have a lot of fans in the area.  There is at least one "in the closet" Idaho Falls BYU fan that posts on this site.

You are right...the game would be huge, and a sell out for sure.  It would be a good opportunity for BYU and BOISE to play a basketball game in an area where they both have a lot of fans.

Boise State is not going to play in anyone Idaho Falls.  I admit, if they did and I still lived there, I'd buy tickets and go.  But I live in Boise for +40 years.  I've had season tickets for a long, long time. I wouldn't attend a game in IF.  BSU is having attendance issues as it is at home.  They would not want to alienate their paying season ticket holders by playing BYU in Idaho Falls.  Just don't see it.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Spazdog said:

Boise State is not going to play in anyone Idaho Falls.  I admit, if they did and I still lived there, I'd buy tickets and go.  But I live in Boise for +40 years.  I've had season tickets for a long, long time. I wouldn't attend a game in IF.  BSU is having attendance issues as it is at home.  They would not want to alienate their paying season ticket holders by playing BYU in Idaho Falls.  Just don't see it.

I guess we'll see.  But this game would be huge.

17 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

This is a progress report for the Idaho Falls Events Center---home to a future neutral site basketball game between Boise and BYU.

The vision would be BYU and Boise playing every year in basketball, in a H-H-N (Idaho Falls) rotation.

Anyway, they just hired Chip Scott (a big dog in Idaho) to take over this project.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/idaho-falls/new-idaho-falls-auditorium-district-executive-director-brings-new-ideas/706572099

25790976_1695598350463427_69364661296552

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was in Idaho Falls last week at a meeting in the 17th & Woodruff area. I had some time to kill so I went to the sports shop at the Teton Mall.  There were lots of BSU and BYU items at the store.  They had the most items available at the store.  That made me smile.  When I left IF in 1975, the only teams that were in the news were BYU, Ricks College and to a lessor degree, Utah State.  ISU, BSU & UofI were never in the news or TV sports casts.  Things have changed in the area's perception of BSU. I'll give you that.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Spazdog said:

I was in Idaho Falls last week at a meeting in the 17th & Woodruff area. I had some time to kill so I went to the sports shop at the Teton Mall.  There were lots of BSU and BYU items at the store.  They had the most items available at the store.  That made me smile.  When I left IF in 1975, the only teams that were in the news were BYU, Ricks College and to a lessor degree, Utah State.  ISU, BSU & UofI were never in the news or TV sports casts.  Things have changed in the area's perception of BSU. I'll give you that.

I agree, and it is a bad trend.   Ricks (BYU-I) needs to start a Big Sky athletics program.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

Come on man! Your bat shit crazy ideas.

Your friend the #1Stunner is going to make this event happen....

Just like he is making other things happen behind the scenes.

(the Reed's Dairy Sponsor is a good idea, admit it....)

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Your friend the #1Stunner is going to make this event happen....

Just like he is making other things happen behind the scenes.

(the Reed's Dairy Sponsor is a good idea, admit it....)

I do like the ice cream idea, you got me there.

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Reeds Dairy is overrated...unless you are a RM.

Disagree.  Reeds ships out of state.

Also, there's a gun shop by Reeds. 

Guest #1Stunner

BREAKING

Former Idaho Athletic Director, Rob Spear, has been named as the new Executive Director of the Idaho Falls Arena Project.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/university-of-idaho/article229610919.html

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/04/idaho-falls-auditorium-district-announces-new-executive-director-2/

@BroncoOrange  @DesVandal @VandalPride97

This is great news for BYU and BOISE fans who want this arena done!!!

Welcome to Idaho Falls, Rob Spears!

event+center.jpg