Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Patrick McCaw Linked in FBI Probe

Wasn't he done playing for UNLV at that point? 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

It was after the last game?  Does that qualify as an impermissible benefit as he’s no longer an athlete?  Nothing to see here folks, move along. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Breaking:

Per a source, Patrick McCaw has been suspended from all basketball activities and will not travel with the team to Albuquerque to face the Lobos of the University of New Mexico.

40 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

After he was done playing, lol. 

I read somewhere this morning that the original yahoo article was misleading because a meal up to $200 was permissible, I’ll try and find it.

Sort of.  An impermissible benefit up to $200 will not hurt the players overall eligibility if he pays it back by donating to a charity.  He is ineligible from the time the team becomes aware of it until it is paid back.  He can then be reinstated without further penalty.  In this case it wasn't even impermissible since he was no longer a player at the university.

Dude had dinner paid for by an agent...2 weeks after his last game at UNLV...when he probably already decided mentally that he was headed for the NBA...

Death penalty awaits.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

+++++ the NCAA and the FBI, first of all, for setting up a scheme to reap hundreds of millions of unearned dollars on the backs of unpaid player labor. It's disgusting bullshit.

God forbid they buy a kid a dinner and his name gets brought up in this. Makes my skin crawl and question whether I want to spend $$$ to support these bastards by going to games to line the pockets of these schmucks. Absolute joke. 

8 minutes ago, NOTGREATBOB! said:

+++++ the NCAA and the FBI, first of all, for setting up a scheme to reap hundreds of millions of unearned dollars on the backs of unpaid player labor. It's disgusting bullshit.

God forbid they buy a kid a dinner and his name gets brought up in this. Makes my skin crawl and question whether I want to spend $$$ to support these bastards by going to games to line the pockets of these schmucks. Absolute joke. 

Your $$ go to the university.  The NCAA bounty comes from TV rights, membership, etc.  Don't give up on your school unless you find out they were dirty in this.