Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Not only did the school resource officer not engage the shooter

There were 3 Broward County Sheriff deputies on scene while the shooting was going on and they didn’t enter the building.  All of this after the Sheriff of Broward County went on national tv and lectured everybody else.  Are you kidding me?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

And the Department had received many calls about Cruz:

PARKLAND, Fla. — Broward County deputies received at least 18 calls warning them about Nikolas Cruz from 2008 to 2017, including concerns that he "planned to shoot up the school" and other threats and acts of violence before he was accused of killing 17 people at a high school.

The warnings, made by concerned people close to Cruz, came in phone calls to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, records show. At least five callers mentioned concern over his access to weapons, according to the documents. None of those warnings led to direct intervention.

In February 2016, neighbors told police that they were worried he “planned to shoot up the school” after seeing alarming pictures on Instagram showing Cruz brandishing guns.

About two months later, an unidentified caller told police that Cruz had been collecting guns and knives. The caller was “concerned (Cruz) will kill himself one day and believes he could be a school shooter in the making,” according to call details released by the Sheriff's Office.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

PARKLAND, Fla. — Broward County deputies received at least 18 calls warning them about Nikolas Cruz from 2008 to 2017, including concerns that he "planned to shoot up the school" and other threats and acts of violence before he was accused of killing 17 people at a high school.

The warnings, made by concerned people close to Cruz, came in phone calls to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, records show. At least five callers mentioned concern over his access to weapons, according to the documents. None of those warnings led to direct intervention.

In February 2016, neighbors told police that they were worried he “planned to shoot up the school” after seeing alarming pictures on Instagram showing Cruz brandishing guns.

About two months later, an unidentified caller told police that Cruz had been collecting guns and knives. The caller was “concerned (Cruz) will kill himself one day and believes he could be a school shooter in the making,” according to call details released by the Sheriff's Office.

That’s so infuriating. :angry: :rant:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Man, I realize hindsight is 20/20 but this just keeps getting more and more disturbing.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, nomascows said:

I can almost see one cop not wanting to go in alone but the 4 of them should have been able to go in and be effective.

Especially as (someone from LE correct if I'm wrong) I believe the current tactics call for immediate direct action to confront and neutralize the shooter as quick as possible.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This guy is 19 right? So they were getting calls on him as far back as 2008 when he would’ve been like 9 or 10? :blink:

So, what's the scoop with this kid's parents?  They knew all of this right?  9yrs of this and what have they done?

It's tough to call him a coward because I don't know how I would've responded in a situation like that, but man... that's your job.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 minute ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

It's tough to call him a coward because I don't know how I would've responded in a situation like that, but man... that's your job.

i think when you sign up for that job you sign up to be the kind of person that makes the decision beforehand to do it. when the time comes, the decision has already been made.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

There were 3 Broward County Sheriff deputies on scene while the shooting was going on and they didn’t enter the building.  All of this after the Sheriff of Broward County went on national tv and lectured everybody else.  Are you kidding me?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Cops are trained to wait for others before they respond.  I have been told that is changing but that is still the policy in most places as far as I know.

56 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Especially as (someone from LE correct if I'm wrong) I believe the current tactics call for immediate direct action to confront and neutralize the shooter as quick as possible.

Correct. After Columbine, most LE agencies changed to tactics in this situation to immediately confront. 

5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Cops are trained to wait for others before they respond.  I have been told that is changing but that is still the policy in most places as far as I know.

There were 3 of them on scene plus the school resource officer. They had backup.  

10 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

4 deputies in total didn’t enter the building. :engraged:

18 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

It was his duty.  With an active shooter, you don't wait for back up either.

8 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Guess we need even more good guys with a gun.

Or maybe we need those good guys with a gun to do their damn jobs.