Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Malik Pope Paid - NCAA Probe

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Steve Fisher is a repeat offender and SDSU knew this guy was dirty when they hired him.  MWC and NCAA must drop the hammer and teach this corrupt incorrigible program a lesson.  All games forfeited and banned from postseason.

Fisher banned for life and all MWC banners removed from the building in San Diego!  You have to show no mercy to this illegal behavior.  SDSU knew and now they must be punished.

His name must be removed from the court if the University has any pride.

MWC talks about being leaders, now is the time to lead in something that matters.  Drop the hammer.  Destroy the illegal basketball program known as SDSU.

You do realize your team plays on Tarkanian Court, right?

UNLV Hot Tub.jpg

This is probably just information probably from the criminal complaint that is being filed in the case which I think this is only a tiny part of the information that has been recovered to so far. They say there is 40,000 documents and over 200 people interviewed for this case. And the stuff that as been released is pretty small beans where the bigger stuff still hasn't been released. 

5 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Listen, it's not about who did what.  If a player was paid, even a UNLV player, there should be some type of suspension and forfeiture of games.  That is only fair to those that didn't cheat.  If UNLV pops up in this scandal, I'd expect the same.  As of now, they are in the clear. 

Don’t worry.  The Pope era was forfeited from my memory when we lost to CAL

7 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

SDSU used an ineligible player and should have to forfeit all of their games.

They should be banned from the MWC Tourney.

Any MWC wins with Pope playing should be forfeited.

Games won by 39+ points are exempt to forfeiture.

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

We got stones ready to fly

1 hour ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Yawn.

Hey I could care less about players getting paid. I think they should.  Everyone is getting paid anyway.  IDGAF, go nuts!

I just found it incredibly comical that a UNLV fan was getting on a high horse about players getting paid, wins needing to be vacated, and a "dirty" coach.  

1 minute ago, AztecENolt said:

Hey I could care less about players getting paid. I think they should.  Everyone is getting paid anyway.  IDGAF, go nuts!

I just found it incredibly comical that a UNLV fan was getting on a high horse about players getting paid, wins needing to be vacated, and a "dirty" coach.   :hahaha:

Triggered.

10 hours ago, RamSack said:

I'm sure UNLV will show up at some point.  

You’re vindicated

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I mean no one should throw stones. Two LSU players are on the list as well. Who was the coach? Johnny Jones. Who is now obviously Nevada’s associate head coach. 

In all these cases the player took money from an agent, would be hard to say in most cases a coach would know.

6 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

I mean no one should throw stones. Two LSU players are on the list as well. Who was the coach? Johnny Jones. Who is now obviously Nevada’s associate head coach. 

In all these cases the player took money from an agent, would be hard to say in most cases a coach would know.

Johnny Bones getting let go would be a blessing in disguise. That guy might be worse than Dave Rice. Last thing you want is him to take over if Musselman ever leaves.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

16 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Judging from the coverage, it looks like UNLV isn't implicated.

Well that's good. Generally people cheat to get better. If the Rebels did, they'd be getting ripped off because they've been down for a while now. Lately they've been showing some signs of improvement but still inconsistent. I think coach M will eventually get the team where it needs to be. 

kat.jpg