Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Shooting survivor quits CNN townhall after refusing to ask a scripted questions

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, AlvinLee said:

Are these the faces of survivors from a school shooting three days previous?IMG_7392-e1519138867472.jpg

They look almost as cheery as Nacho Duce in the wounded survivor's hospital. Need to work on their thumb's up though.

trumpdonaldfloridahospitaltwitter21718.jpg

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I dunno, I agree that CNN was wrong in asking this kid to ask a "scripted question" but the kid doesn't come across too honest either. 

And his deciding to "not go" seems dumb.  He could have gone and just asked his question(s).  Not going, along with his rationale, seems like it might be more about the politics than the exchange of ideas, imo.

Personally I think he should have gone and asked his questions.  Would CNN have turned off his mike if he asked his question(s)?  I doubt it.

And don't get me wrong, CNN was stupid to make such a request of anyone attending.   I just think the kid should have gone and done his thing anyway.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

We were told to "Listen to the Children". So I did. The one kid, whose dad is FBI, is stumbling through interviews after he forgot his lines. He ends up being coached out of it.

Look at the pic. Some of the kids do look like they've been traumatized. Others look like they just made the big time. Weird.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 7.59.11 AM.png

31 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

We were told to "Listen to the Children". So I did. The one kid, whose dad is FBI, is stumbling through interviews after he forgot his lines. He ends up being coached out of it.

Look at the pic. Some of the kids do look like they've been traumatized. Others look like they just made the big time. Weird.

You're the worst.

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

I dunno, I agree that CNN was wrong in asking this kid to ask a "scripted question" but the kid doesn't come across too honest either. 

And his deciding to "not go" seems dumb.  He could have gone and just asked his question(s).  Not going, along with his rationale, seems like it might be more about the politics than the exchange of ideas, imo.

Personally I think he should have gone and asked his questions.  Would CNN have turned off his mike if he asked his question(s)?  I doubt it.

And don't get me wrong, CNN was stupid to make such a request of anyone attending.   I just think the kid should have gone and done his thing anyway.

That CNN Town Hall last night cared as much about an exchange of ideas as you do. It was an embarrassment. 

56 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

That CNN Town Hall last night cared as much about an exchange of ideas as you do. It was an embarrassment. 

As all cable news is. It's all reality TV... Faux, CNN, MSNBC... At least the parts where the cameras are rolling. Their printed stuff is marginally better (though still incredibly biased).

This is how people are getting their news today and we wonder why the populace seems incredibly uniformed.

https://www.snopes.com/did-cnn-give-shooting-survivor-questions/

"The network responded to Haab’s allegations on 22 February 2018 in a statement posted on its communication team’s Twitter account:

There is absolutely no truth to this. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night’s town hall, nor have we ever. After seeing an interview with Colton Haab, we invited him to participate in our town hall along with other students and administrators from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Colton’s father withdrew his name from participation before the forum began, which we regretted but respected. We welcome Colton to join us on CNN today to discuss his views on school safety.

While a number of Douglas High students have advocated for tighter gun safety laws in the wake of the shooting — and been accused of being “crisis actors” since doing so — Haab is, to date, the only student to accuse CNN of trying to script their statements at the town hall event."

1 hour ago, AlvinLee said:

The same guys who claimed Pikachu was a Russian agent and conspired to steal the election from Hitlery are now attacking me for gathering actual facts to form my opinion.

#instantcredibility 

You're taking a huge dump there, Maynard.

#lackofcredibility

#can'tkeephissocksstraight

#busted

#lol