Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

39 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

pretty solid consensus top 6 of Nevada>BSU>Fresno>SDSU>UNM>Wyo i'd guess. tourney time will be fun, especially with Nevada short a player.

Which is also a key reason why Fresno needs to hold onto the 3 seed. Nevada is the only team that Fresno has not beat or at the very least had a close loss to. Being the 3 seed is a huge plus

1. Nevada is very unlikely to lose in the first round vs the 8/9 but could lose to the 4/5 seed in the semis and not even make the finals. The easiest path to the NCAAT is to avoid Nevada entirely. 

2. Even if Nevada makes the finals they will be tired (3rd game in 3 days) and already a 100% lock for the NCAAT. Thus Fresno would have a huge edge in motivation.

Now sure Fresno could just as easily go 1-2 to close out the MWC end up in the 4/5 game and lose in the first round of the MWCT but it is still fun to speculate. 

9 hours ago, thedude15 said:

Which is also a key reason why Fresno needs to hold onto the 3 seed. Nevada is the only team that Fresno has not beat or at the very least had a close loss to. Being the 3 seed is a huge plus

1. Nevada is very unlikely to lose in the first round vs the 8/9 but could lose to the 4/5 seed in the semis and not even make the finals. The easiest path to the NCAAT is to avoid Nevada entirely. 

2. Even if Nevada makes the finals they will be tired (3rd game in 3 days) and already a 100% lock for the NCAAT. Thus Fresno would have a huge edge in motivation.

Now sure Fresno could just as easily go 1-2 to close out the MWC end up in the 4/5 game and lose in the first round of the MWCT but it is still fun to speculate. 

I like our chances at home vs Wyoming and @ Air Force.  @ New Mexico will be difficult.

I'm hoping for at least a 2-1 finish.

12 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

pretty solid consensus top 6 of Nevada>BSU>Fresno>SDSU>UNM>Wyo i'd guess. tourney time will be fun, especially with Nevada short a player.

Wyoming will probably end the regular season having lost 6 of their last 9. That's not the kind of momentum which bodes well for the tournament.

I'd say any of the other five are capable of winning it, however.

Boom goes the dynamite.