Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

Mexico Resorts [to] Drugging, Robbing & Raping Guests

Trump's "Bad Homre's" aren't all flocking to take your jobs on the American side of the wall (to be).  Some are busy fleecing you at your favorite Resort.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/21/mexico-resort-blackouts-mother-nightmare-missing-daughter/357865002/

In seriousness though, this is a huge problem that's getting worse. 

The hotels, the police, the hospitals, appear to all be involved in a conspiracy to take advantage of tourists.  Turning a blind eye to crime only makes it worse, especially when it becomes part of your paycheck.  It's really disgusting.  If you have daughters, you should be very concerned.  Especially if they are interested in vacationing at any of these places.

"Like the more than 140 previously reported incidents, the newest ones include vacationers who blacked out after consuming a few drinks — sometimes just one. They regained consciousness hours later, many of them to learn they had been robbed, sexually assaulted, bruised, bloodied or otherwise injured."

" The Journal Sentinel investigation found that resorts are reluctant to call law enforcement or an ambulance and often tell guests they have to take a taxi to the police station or hospital if they want help. In the case of one young woman from Illinois who was raped at a resort in June, police did show up but refused to question bartenders or anybody who was in the area. Her mother told the Journal Sentinel they refused to offer any help whatsoever."

"When Newton went to the resort’s managers and asked them to call police, they refused, she said."

"“They make you feel like you’ve done something wrong,” she said. “They want you to feel like you were drunk and it was your own fault."

" Among the 150 incidents identified by the Journal Sentinel, some believe they were targeted, as they awoke to find they were victims of crimes. Others found no motive for what happened. They got violently ill but were not robbed or assaulted. Some who were sick, however, were encouraged by resort officials to go to the local hospital, where they paid thousands — sometimes tens of thousands of dollars — for care."

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

16 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Trump's "Bad Homre's" aren't all flocking to take your jobs on the American side of the wall (to be).  Some are busy fleecing you at your favorite Resort.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/21/mexico-resort-blackouts-mother-nightmare-missing-daughter/357865002/

In seriousness though, this is a huge problem that's getting worse. 

The hotels, the police, the hospitals, appear to all be involved in a conspiracy to take advantage of tourists.  Turning a blind eye to crime only makes it worse, especially when it becomes part of your paycheck.  It's really disgusting.  If you have daughters, you should be very concerned.  Especially if they are interested in vacationing at any of these places.

"Like the more than 140 previously reported incidents, the newest ones include vacationers who blacked out after consuming a few drinks — sometimes just one. They regained consciousness hours later, many of them to learn they had been robbed, sexually assaulted, bruised, bloodied or otherwise injured."

" The Journal Sentinel investigation found that resorts are reluctant to call law enforcement or an ambulance and often tell guests they have to take a taxi to the police station or hospital if they want help. In the case of one young woman from Illinois who was raped at a resort in June, police did show up but refused to question bartenders or anybody who was in the area. Her mother told the Journal Sentinel they refused to offer any help whatsoever."

"When Newton went to the resort’s managers and asked them to call police, they refused, she said."

"“They make you feel like you’ve done something wrong,” she said. “They want you to feel like you were drunk and it was your own fault."

" Among the 150 incidents identified by the Journal Sentinel, some believe they were targeted, as they awoke to find they were victims of crimes. Others found no motive for what happened. They got violently ill but were not robbed or assaulted. Some who were sick, however, were encouraged by resort officials to go to the local hospital, where they paid thousands — sometimes tens of thousands of dollars — for care."

I think Boise Football and Basketball has been doing this to CSU since joining the MW.

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Heh, and my GF just bought me a 5 night trip to an all inclusive resort in Cozumel... Guess it's good to at least be aware and cautious.

It could be the best trip you'll never remember!

I'll still go to Mexico again, regardless.  So they're hinting the resort bartenders slipped them a date rape drug in their drinks?  No way.  I've been to those Riviera resorts and they're enclosed like a fortress.  Most are time shares and they have to take crimes seriously.  Besides, the workers don't live there so do they kidnap their victims to perform their misdeeds?  Yeah sure.  They come into the resorts to work by bus.  

Now if they went to a local town bar that could happen, just like here in the States.   

I think these incidents are blown out of proportion.      

56 minutes ago, aztech said:

I'll still go to Mexico again, regardless.  So they're hinting the resort bartenders slipped them a date rape drug in their drinks?  No way.  I've been to those Riviera resorts and they're enclosed like a fortress.  Most are time shares and they have to take crimes seriously.  Besides, the workers don't live there so do they kidnap their victims to perform their misdeeds?  Yeah sure.  They come into the resorts to work by bus.  

Now if they went to a local town bar that could happen, just like here in the States.   

I think these incidents are blown out of proportion.      

Actually the problem is more comprehensive.  There is widespread use of tainted alcohol.  Some of it contains the equivalent of window washing fluid.  Others are just poorly created alcohol that can be poisonous. They have found it in bottles of name brand alcohol.  Sometimes even in sealed bottles.  So they think there is some activity of re-bottling going on. And resorts may be purchasing cheaper liquor knowing it could be tainted.

And then there are the cases of targeting with roofie style drugs.  So the problem is much more complex.

There have even been cases where drugging occurred to persons who consumed no alcoholic beverages.  The whole thing is seriously creepy.

Read the linked article.

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

Actually the problem is more comprehensive.  There is widespread use of tainted alcohol.  Some of it contains the equivalent of window washing fluid.  Others are just poorly created alcohol that can be poisonous. They have found it in bottles of name brand alcohol.  Sometimes even in sealed bottles.  So they think there is some activity of re-bottling going on. And resorts may be purchasing cheaper liquor knowing it could be tainted.

And then there are the cases of targeting with roofie style drugs.  So the problem is much more complex.

There have even been cases where drugging occurred to persons who consumed no alcoholic beverages.  The whole thing is seriously creepy.

Read the linked article.

I did.  Doesn't care me a bit.  

1 hour ago, aztech said:

I did.  Doesn't care me a bit.  

I agree. It good to be aware, but 150 cases total out how many of people go to these resorts each year? It's a good story to get views but it is a low risk overall. But like I said, it's always good to be aware.